Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #21

I changed the locks on my storage doors. Home depot had 3 locks alike soi I went to Lowes, they also only had 3 locks key alike. I bought 3 at Lowes and went back to Home Depot and bought 1 with the same key number. So now I have 4 keyed locks on my storage doors instead of 1 lock and a twist knob on each one.
My 2012 Jayco Jayflight used the same key on the door handle lock and the door dead bolt lock. But when I took it to the dealer they said to make sure the deadbolt was unlocked. Their master key works on the door handle not the deadbolt. Or it could be the other way around, It's been 2 years since I was at the dealer.
Where I live we have gardeners that mow our yards, they have a key to the restroom but that key will not open the clubhouse or the pedestrian gates. The key for the homeowners key pens everything so it is possible that a key can be made to open 1 lock even if other locks are keyed the same.
I'm not a locksmith but that is the way it is where I live.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote