Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2015, 02:32 AM   #1

Storage ideas

Hello all. I just recently purchased my first TT. It is a 2015 Jay Flight SLX 264BHW. I'm trying to figure out how best to organize all my things in it and was looking for some advice on how you all did it. I'm got the anti slip mats and everything but I was trying to see how everyone organizes the space under the bed and bunks. I have clear plastic totes now that separate my electrical, sewer, water and other maintenance supplies. How do everyone secure items under there without stuff sliding around?
andrewjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:00 AM   #2

Hi Andrew and Welcome to the forum!!

The storage under the bed usually has carpet (mine does) and we usually keep some toys for the grandkids and our camping chairs stored under the bed. With the space carpeted, items don't slide around much at all.

The outside stoage space is where I store my level blocks, plastic totes with electrical, sewer, water hoses and other items such as a small tool box.
I placed carpet in my outside storage compartment to keep it cleaner and to help the items remain in place as much as possible.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:12 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum! The storage area in my 26BH are vinyl flooring but I really don't have any issues with things sliding much. I store some items in totes (toys for the kids, electrical, sewer items) just to keep them organized but the only damage I've had from things sliding around was to a fishing pole I had in the front compartment. I leave a power drill, X-chocks and a 4 way lug wrench loose in the forward compartment and they are always in the same place when we get to our destination.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:14 AM   #4

We got a few various sized white racks from "StuffMart" to put inside cabinets to maximize space. We also got the storage bars for each shelf of fridge for keeping things tight while traveling. From Lakeside/ABC and from Camping World we purchased over door towel racks and hooks ...one of them goes over bathroom door and has bars, hooks for hanging bath towels and washcloths. Our best idea was to get one of those metal shower caddies and attach it to wall left of the sink to use for a "medicine cabinet"--we used the heavy Command Hook for the top, then two small ones placed at the bottom to keep it from swinging on the wall. I'll follow up with some pics.
tdk2765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:15 AM   #5

As for underneath storage, ditto on the plastic tubs. We have no issues with stuff sliding.
tdk2765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:01 AM   #6

Thanks everyone for your input. I didn't even think of getting carpet to put in the outside storage areas over top of the vinyl. Taking our first trip with the trailer in about 2 weeks so we'll see how everything works.
andrewjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Another great idea that has been previously posted is to put small hooks (hanging pictures) just inside the hatches to make it easier to locate the handle to lower your jacks, a drill, flashlight etc.
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #8

I have a couple clear plastic tubs with wheels on the bottom. They are easy to slide in and out. I also like the plastic milk crates for holding wooden blocks and a few other things in order to keep those kinds of things corralled - especially things that can get damp, so they aren't sealed inside a plastic tote that might allow mildew to grow and spread on other things.

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:29 AM   #9

Two things I did for storage that work well are:

I got some square cloth folding baskets from a local discount store to go on the shelf above the queen bed. They are 12x12 and six fit perfectly on that shelf. They are even brown and match the decor perfectly. We store light weight items like clothes and toys in them.

Also I made a fee standing shelf under the bathroom sink to better utilize the space. We keep small containers under with medicine toiletries and a first aid kit as well as other bathroom stuff like TP and soap. We have towels on top.

I put a bed lift on the queen bed, but the jury is still out on that mod. When it worked it was great to acess the bin underneath. Then the screws holding the bed top mounting board to the camper came loose! I am taking it back next week to be repaired. I'm hoping they don't try to say it will not be covered under warranty.

I will take some pics when I get a chance.
Jflyboym is offline   Reply With Quote