Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #1

Studs in ceiling?

I assume that there are studs in the ceilings of our TT's. The reason I ask, is that I am considering hanging some small fans from the ceiling. One in the bedroom(DW likes air blowing on her)and two in the bunkhouse, one facing each set of bunks. The fans I am looking at are Vornado under cabinet air circulators. They are meant to go under a kitchen cabinet or something similar. They rotate 360 deg. fold up and down and are 2 speed. They use only .6 amps so overloading my 30 amp setup shouldn't be an issue. They weigh about 2 pounds each. I thought about locating a stud and hanging from it. I would then use some Command hooks on the ceiling to route the power cord to an outlet. Has anyone ever hung anything from the ceiling?
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #2

Without knowing the exact year and model of your Jayco, the proper reply is "depends...".

For most TTs, there is cross studs in the ceiling cavity. re: http://www.grandviewtrailersales.com...s/P1100063.JPG

Note: Studs can be found using a "material density" (not the steel magnetic) Stud Finder tool.

Hope this helps.
Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #3

Your interior ceiling is stapled to ceiling joists. You might see the staples used for the ceiling if you look very closely. They should be every 16 or 24 inches apart. You might also be able to feel them by pressing on the ceiling if you do not have a stud finder.
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote