Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2016, 04:22 AM   #21

If Jayco is removing the Sway Command are they also giving back the $375.00 the option cost? To me that is a lot of money. Also my dealer is 900 miles away, we're now closer to the factory.
We tried to connect our truck to the trailer, jus the pigtail, and stepped on the brake to see if the green lights would come on but nothing. Thursday we're going to test pull it to see if the new brake controller (Primus IQ, another $90) works while we're moving at least for nothing else the adjustment can be made. I have some faith left.

Knottybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:04 PM   #22

I called Jayco and they are saying the sway command should be disengaged until the fix is found. My dealer is saying they are removing the feature, but they do not know what they are talking about.

bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncw View Post
From the LCI website
I wonder if there is anything similar that would happen on a Ford truck with the integrated brake controller. It has sway control built-in, I wonder if there is a conflict between LCI Sway Command and the TV sway control. Makes sense, really, it's sort of a race condition. I won't be putting Sway Command on my Jayco, for sure.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #24

I just received an email from Jayco telling me it is unsafe end they will be returning $375 to me
Davecarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #25

$375 is full MSRP for the option. Did you pay MSRP that they refund you full retail price?
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:23 PM   #26

I guess if it's an unsafe condition, they should also have mobile techs go to the affected rvs and not have the owners bring them in... I think it's a reasonable request.

Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #27

Great point with the mobile techs, if the brakes fail with the sway command , why risk bringing the trailer to be repaired if the brakes dont work and a crash occurs as a result.
trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:04 PM   #28

From what Jayco said was that the Dealer will have to fill out the paper work for me to get $375. Nothing was mentioned about what I paid. I just finished disconnecting from the power source, took all of 10 minutes to do. As well I contact Lippert as I have a 2016 F150, they really did not have a clue about a recall. Their comment was that it does not work on all vehicles.
Davecarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #29

I have a 2016 Jay Feather 25BH that came wired for the Sway Command. I have been on the fence about getting the system. I have the traditional friction sway bar and it seems to work just fine.

The one thing that is keeping me from doing it is how the SC works. It applies the brakes on the trailer to "straighten out" the rig thus stopping the sway. I see this as needing to replace brakes in the trailer more often and if it's constantly countering sway then it must be making the truck work harder to pull the trailer.

For now I'm still not convinced. The friction sway bar takes 10 seconds to set up and actually cost me nothing. My friend had a brand new Husky WD hitch, spring bars and sway bar that he gave me for free. He used it twice then decided to get a Bounder because he realized the trailer thing was not for him.
ScarabChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabChris View Post
The one thing that is keeping me from doing it is how the SC works. It applies the brakes on the trailer to "straighten out" the rig thus stopping the sway. I see this as needing to replace brakes in the trailer more often and if it's constantly countering sway then it must be making the truck work harder to pull the trailer.
IIRC, Sway Command is an emergency sway damping system, kinda like the sway control built into newer pickups. It should not intervene on any regular basis.