Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #1

Swift 264 heater question

Going to look at a swift 264 on friday. Can someone tell me how many heater outlets and where?

Anything else to look out for?

Thanks!
jaycorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #2

The heater is located under the sofa, and there is an outlet that blows into the bedroom area and another one that blows into the main living area. Both outlets are located at floor level.

We've had ours since July and have really enjoyed it. One long trip from Texas through the Dakotas, Montana, Colorado, and New Mexico, and several shorter trips. We've logged about 4,000 miles with it so far.

The only issue we have had is a pretty big one in my opinion. One of the self tapping screws that hold the supports under the fresh water tank fell out and the support was dragging on the ground while we were heading out on a trip. Fortunately, I heard it dragging, pulled over and made an emergency repair by emptying the tank and putting the support back in place. I held the support in place with a bungee cord. We were only 25 miles or so from home so I headed back to make a repair. I replaced all the self tapping screws with a bolt, nut and lock washer combination. I also checked all the hardware while I was under there. No other issues at all.

Would we buy another one - you bet! It's a great TT for the money!

Don't let my experience scare you, just be sure to check ALL the fasteners yourself if you decide to buy it.

Good luck!

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycorider View Post
Going to look at a swift 264 on friday. Can someone tell me how many heater outlets and where?

Anything else to look out for?

Thanks!
Only the two vents as stated before. But it keeps the trailer plenty warm. Used it elk hunting this year with temps around 12 deg f. No trouble at all staying warm. Only cold spot was the bathroom. With no vent and the door closed that's to be expected.