Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #1

Tested my Refrigerator

Well I figure I would fire up my fridge in my TT and throw a digtal thermometer in the freeze and in the food area. Now conditions 37*F outside. Inside the trailer it was warmed up to 70*F and had the fridge and freeze doors open to warm up. The fired up the Norcold Fridge on LP and set the cold adjustment to 9. I gave it about a half an hour to cool down. I was impressed...

The freezer made it to -7*F and the fridge made it down to 27*F... I know this was really easy for a cold day outside and this test will change greatly when the summer heat is on...

But I'm pretty sure with the mild summer here in Idaho (Max 85-95*F) I'm sure it should be fine...

I figure I would share my finding...
Mopar1973Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #2

Thanks for sharing. I never thought to do that kind of reaearch on my fridge 's cooling time.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:44 AM   #3

Well during the time of purchase the dealer put the TT out in a parking area hooked up power and ran all the appliances. So when we did the walk through he open the door and said "See the fridge and icebox are cold" closed the door and that's it...

Sure it was cold but was it cold enough to make ice cube in the icebox? Was it cold enough to keep beer and soda cold in the fridge area?

So I grabed my trusty digital thermometer and dropped it in the fridge and icebox and see what numbers would show...

so after seeing those numbers I was happy with the performance and knew the performance is going to do fine...
Mopar1973Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #4

Before we leave for a trip we turn on our fridge the day before, always nice and cold when we load it up the next day. I only put beer and soda in a cooler loaded with ice.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote