Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #1

The 2016s

Our Jayco dealer has just sent us some of the 2016 floor plans, and the accompanying info about new features and enhancements mentions that there are new colors: Twilight and Shadow. (Coffee's carried over; Brick, Stone, and Fawn are gone.) We are wondering if anyone knows if/where we can see the new color schemes.
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #2

Can you mention anything about the new features as well as floorplans?
faststandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #3

We are not familiar with the old ones, 'cause there are only 2 models that might work for us. The 20MRB is being replaced with the 23MRB. Hard to tell from the drawings, but we're told the front closets (over the nightstands) are larger, and there's a pretty big wardrobe (labeled "linen") in the bathroom. The drawing is confusing because it seems to show the outdoor kitchen as semi-circular and cutting into the linen closet, but when they sent photos, we could see it didn't. Apparently the outdoor kitchen is optional, which is good as far as we're concerned.

I am not sure what other changes were made to it. However, if our dealer has seen the new plans, then your dealer probably has access too, and can maybe send copies. Just haven't seen the interior color schemes yet - but the DW is pleased that the exterior decor is still brownish-blackish, 'cause she wants it to go with our dark brown Ford F150.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #4

Lighter colored wood for cabinets and trim, new furniture style and dinette cushions, new flooring, new backsplash, new wallboard, new carpet, new countertop style, new window treatments, new decorative light over the dinette, redesigned facia over the main slide, and ceilings trimmed with wood-grain cove and battens. Arched, barreled roof, wood base floors with 5/8" tongue and groove plywood. Except the Murphys, all queens are 60x80 and have redesigned storage bases; front queen beds have wardrobes with hanging bars and shelves, and there's a bed-side cubby (except for the Murphys). Trash cans in a lot of units (some exclusions). New one-pan kitchen sink with high-rise faucet, and cover. Lav sinks larger with stainless faucets; porcelain foot-flush toilets.

New exterior look & graphics package. Optional upgrades to the front, except the Murphy models. All exterior doors will have friction hinges. Etc. (Found the our dealer sent.)
Old 04-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #5

Always love looking (and drooling) over the new models. Can't wait to see them!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #6

A pic of the new graphics

New color scheme!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2338.JPG  
cassmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:51 PM   #7

Just my luck... After searching for 2 years and paying off 2 weddings for the children our plan to purchase the perfect camper for us (the 20mrb) this fall is now going not going to come to fruition if they're replacing the 20MRB. I really dont want to go back to the drawing board. Can you tell me what differences in floor plan there will be between the 20MRB and the 23MRB. Where can I go for specifics of these changes?
Mjmaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:05 PM   #8

MJ,

The 2015 20MRB is limited to dealer stock. Not sure how far you are from Calera but Burton Campers has one left in stock at a really good price!

http://www.burtoncampers.com/--xAllI...k%2020mrb&d=on

23MBH:

http://www.burtoncampers.com/--xAllI...k%2023mbh&d=on

Good luck!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #9

Wow. Thanks Murff for the quick response. Actually I'm only a few miles from Burton campers but their unit does not have the interior decor I prefer. I'm really hoping the 2016 changes will still work for us and our current tow vehicle.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:37 PM   #10

I've been waiting to hear about these changes! Ordered our 2016 X254 without knowing exactly what will be different. Ordered the brick color scheme too. I like the dark cabinets so hope those aren't too much lighter. As for floors I don't like the tile look. Would love the laminate wood much better. Saw that a couple of 2016 models already on website.

Love outside color scheme. Will go much better with our white tv!
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassmann1 View Post
New color scheme!!
Do you know which model this one is cassmann?
Old 04-07-2015, 04:37 AM   #12

DArn I so wish the 2015 would have had the friction door. It was a feature on another camper we looked at that I really liked. Longer bed would have been nice to since my husband is so tall. I wonder where they put the trash cans. I'm still trying to figure out where to put trash in my new camper. Thats proving to be a challenge. Color scheme looks sharp. The front and back of my new 28 BHBE is silver and the original we saw was not. The sides are still while. I wonder if ours was part of the change over and got the silver front and side. I do like the silver.
MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:31 AM   #13

MJMaddox, it looks to me as though the main changes are in the bathroom. The shower is moved to the slide-side back corner, and there's a very big closet on the other side, with the toilet in between. There's an outside kitchen under the closet, from which the appliances can be removed if you'd rather have extra outside storage. Near as we can tell, the rest of the unit is just about the same - except there is an extra pantry cabinet between the main one and the stove. Oh, and on the 2016 it's a one-pan sink, but a pretty big one, so maybe a little tub would give the same effect as a two-pan. I don't think you'll be too unhappy with it. (I will see if I can attach a pic of the floor plan. It's one I traced onto the front of our file folder.)
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco White Hawk 2016 23MRB.jpg  
Old 04-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #14

As we're getting ready to pull the trigger there are a number of items there that I like including the longer queen beds, friction doors, larger lav basin, and so forth.

Does anybody have any insight on: "front queen beds have wardrobes with hanging bars and shelves, and there's a bed-side cubby (except for the Murphys)."

I'd love for a decent chunk of that closet to run down to where the nightstand tabletop is in the 2015's. Either traditional shelved storage space or taller hanging room so shirts don't drag at the bottom would be nice. Room for a phone/tablet is really all the space I need on a nightstand, though I can understand some folks wanting more room for CPAP or other gear.

Would people expect to see 2016s (other than the popups and motorhomes which are already there) hit the lots before, after, or concurrent with the arrival of units ordered by people who already have them on-order?
John1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #15

I have a picture from the dealer with new 2016 decor choices for the Jay Feathers but I can't figure out how to attach it. It's a PDF. Brick is still an option and other ones are Granola and Meadow.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:54 PM   #16

We were told that the 2016 White Hawks are expected to start production in May, and our dealer (in AZ) said he thought they'd have the one we ordered sometime in June. I am not sure about the front closets; we ordered the 23MRB (formerly 20MRB), and the description John1928 posted doesn't apply.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:52 PM   #17

Country Mouse, when our dealer showed us the color schemes, they didn't look significantly lighter to us. Good luck - hope you like the color.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #18

Mjmaddox, fwiw, I just purchased my 287bhsw from Burton. It was a great experience so far. They have it for warranty work currently and seem to be moving quickly on it. If you're interested, pm me and I'll give you the info on our salesman. He was very helpful and no high pressure sales tactics.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #19

So many helpful people on this site. Thanks Jim-n-Ash your sketch was very helpful. Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be looking for a leftover 2015 based on the changes I've read about instead of ordering in the fall.. My preferred interior was already hard to find and the closest in stock one I can find is in Little Rock,AR 7 hours away. A road trip may be in my near future.. If anybody finds a 20MRB with stone interior please post it up. The closer to Alabama, the better.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:40 AM   #20

2016 Feathers color schemes. Hope my link works.