Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #221

Live by the twin plant 30min away went thru it they have been in the middle of changing over to the 16s. Said on the jay flight biggest changes to them in years. More options like pre wired for solar and back up cameras major color changes for the out side. They were way busy with the change over from 15 to 16

Jayflight 2014 RLDS
2012 Ford F250 6.7 4x4
Idahoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:12 AM   #222

I have been following this thread and have been scared! I ordered my trailer (Jayco Eagle 284BHBE) at the end of April and was given a June 26 delivery date. I really don't need to get my trailer until a trip I have scheduled for the week prior to the 4th of July. I have not called or bothered my dealer due to the fact it looks like most people here are finding out their trailers have been delayed. I received a call last night and my trailer is sitting at my dealer waiting to be picked-up!!! I'm partially in a panic since I haven't even begun to clean out my old one! Oh well... Going to ask the dealer to send some pics.

Dwayne
dapersico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:15 AM   #223

There are worse problems in life than getting your trailer early.... like getting it a month later than you thought comes to mind. ;(

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:19 AM   #224

We ordered our Pinnacle on April 15 and our dealer wisely put July 30 as the delivery date. When he got a VIN he gave us the scheduled off-line date of June 8. July 30 gives a huge cushion for delays due to lack of parts, lack of transport drivers, prep, etc. We are heading out on a big trip June 19, and we fully expect the new RV to not be here in time but to be waiting when we get back. I think some dealers give an earlier date just to make the sale.

I'd rather wear out than rust out. Swim, bike, run.
Mantygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
There are worse problems in life than getting your trailer early.... like getting it a month later than you thought comes to mind. ;(
Sorry to hear that! That sucks...
dapersico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #226

Congrats! AND thanks for rubbing it in!!! Locally I have seen that there are quite a few Eagles and White Hawks on the lots already. I think the problem is with the JayFlights, so many changes were made for 2016 that I think Jayco is having trouble with parts and assembly lines.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapersico View Post
I have been following this thread and have been scared! I ordered my trailer (Jayco Eagle 284BHBE) at the end of April and was given a June 26 delivery date. I really don't need to get my trailer until a trip I have scheduled for the week prior to the 4th of July. I have not called or bothered my dealer due to the fact it looks like most people here are finding out their trailers have been delayed. I received a call last night and my trailer is sitting at my dealer waiting to be picked-up!!! I'm partially in a panic since I haven't even begun to clean out my old one! Oh well... Going to ask the dealer to send some pics.

Dwayne
Congrats, Dwayne! We've been doing the same thing and put our plans on hold until we actually had a call with delivery date. Our purchase order has June 26th on it as well but haven't heard anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantygirl
We ordered our Pinnacle on April 15 and our dealer wisely put July 30 as the delivery date. When he got a VIN he gave us the scheduled off-line date of June 8. July 30 gives a huge cushion for delays due to lack of parts, lack of transport drivers, prep, etc. We are heading out on a big trip June 19, and we fully expect the new RV to not be here in time but to be waiting when we get back. I think some dealers give an earlier date just to make the sale.
A lot can be said for under-promising and over-delivering! Totally agree that some dealers will say just about anything to get the sale.
rdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #228

We ordered 4/1 and is supposed to come off line on Friday. Dealer promised for 7/1. Crossing fingers because we booked campsite for 7/5! They say they won't know anything about shipping speed until it's off the line. Once it gets to dealer can we go pick it up right away or do they take a while to do their inspection first before a PDI with us?
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:36 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse View Post
We ordered 4/1 and is supposed to come off line on Friday. Dealer promised gor 7/1. Crossing fingers because we booked campsite for 7/5! They say they won't know anything about shipping speed until it's off the line. Once it gets to dealer can we go pick it up right away or do they take a while to do their inspection first before a PDI with us?
Country_Mouse - who did you order yours through? Seeing your in SoCal, I was thinking maybe RVExpress? That's who we ordered from. Interesting seeing you had a whole month extra on your promise date than what we did. What model did you order?
Old 06-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #230

Quote:
We ordered 4/1 and is supposed to come off line on Friday. Dealer promised gor 7/1. Crossing fingers because we booked campsite for 7/5! They say they won't know anything about shipping speed until it's off the line. Once it gets to dealer can we go pick it up right away or do they take a while to do their inspection first before a PDI with us?
It depends on the dealer. If they are thorough they would have their techs spend at least a full day inspecting and touching-up the unit before your PDI. I went through a unit back in March that the dealer had just received from Jayco and the dealer hadn't done their inspection on it yet. I was amazed at how much needed to be done. Holes in trim not filled, dust all over the place, cabinet doors out of alignment, missing screws on hinges etc. If I showed up for a PDI and it looked like that I would be beyond ticked.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmiller View Post
Country_Mouse - who did you order yours through? Seeing your in SoCal, I was thinking maybe RVExpress? That's who we ordered from. Interesting seeing you had a whole month extra on your promise date than what we did. What model did you order?
We ordered from Indiana RV. Same ownership as Richardsons here in SoCal so they deliver to them. Gave me better deal but get it from same place which is kind of funny. All depends on salesman and whether you have a sales manager willing to wheel and deal.

Ordered an X254. Was hoping it would be underpromised and overdelivered but it's getting cut a bit close for that.
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:12 PM   #232

Got word today that my trailer shipped from the factory yesterday. BUT the dealer still cannot tell me when it will be received. Idaho Falls is less than a two day drive to Portland, OR. This is MADNESS.

EDIT: The dealer just called and its in. Said they are going to work on it the rest of today and try to have it ready to pickup tomorrow. Fingers crossed there aren't any new model year issues!
Old 06-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by blderman View Post
Got word today that my trailer shipped from the factory yesterday. BUT the dealer still cannot tell me when it will be received. Idaho Falls is less than a two day drive to Portland, OR. This is MADNESS.

EDIT: The dealer just called and its in. Said they are going to work on it the rest of today and try to have it ready to pickup tomorrow. Fingers crossed there aren't any new model year issues!
Right on! Can't wait to see some pics!
Old 06-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #234

Quote:
We ordered from Indiana RV. Same ownership as Richardsons here in SoCal so they deliver to them. Gave me better deal but get it from same place which is kind of funny. All depends on salesman and whether you have a sales manager willing to wheel and deal.

Ordered an X254. Was hoping it would be underpromised and overdelivered but it's getting cut a bit close for that.
RVExpress/Indiana RV/Richardsons are the same place - it was great working with them! Hope you get the call soon!
Old 06-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #235

got to love the new camper smell ... does not get any better will new truck smell i guess
bailee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmiller View Post
Right on! Can't wait to see some pics!

Will do.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #237

Got an email from Jayco today and they said website will include the 2016's sometime in July but they where happy to email me info regarding the model I am interested in. Really interested to see list of features and options!
ennis437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennis437 View Post
Got an email from Jayco today and they said website will include the 2016's sometime in July but they where happy to email me info regarding the model I am interested in. Really interested to see list of features and options!

The list of features and options is on this thread already. If you go a few pages back I posted Dropbox links to the features, colors and order sheet.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #239

I saw that but when I clicked on the link it had a message saying it had been moved or deleted. Thanks for posting
ennis437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:35 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennis437 View Post
I saw that but when I clicked on the link it had a message saying it had been moved or deleted. Thanks for posting

Thanks for the heads up, I will have to fix that.