Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #11
The living area is a bit cramped. We have friends who just bought a Jay Flight 29RKS and we love it. Thinking about trading maybe next year (?)

Rick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #12
We owned a 2013 for two years and had nothing but problems. Well over 25 issues. Some minor, but some major. We could not go camping without a tool box and spare parts. We decided to trade up to a Jay Flight. Our 2016 is starting to have many problems. I have discussed this with the dealer and was told that Jayco tried to make a ultra light and cut way too many corners. I would avoid a White Hawk, and suggest you shop around for a trailer that is built better.

tommarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:24 AM   #13
Greetings, first time post but wife and I just got back from maiden trip with our new 2015 WH 27 dsrl . Definitely need the fantastic fan to help compensate air flow from the frameless windows but love them and their appearance. Going to replace the bathroom faucet this week. Way to small. Overall-- we LOVE it. Before going out we added a 4" foam topper over the short queen Denver mattress , all I did was slide a precut 2'x4' 1/2" under the existing matress and slid back about 6" from headboard end and put a foam block for topper and pillows to lay on.The 6" of plywood at the foot now provided plenty of support- didn't even have the need to screw the plywood to bed frame as most of it is slid under the matress. And slept just like being at home.
All in the trailer performed flawlessly.
Just One More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #14
Well after doing considerable research on other brands and models and reading these posts, we're leaning toward a Jay Flight 26RKS. We like the kitchen drawers and larger slide in the Jay Flight. It appears to be built a little sturdier. Our only apprehension is the weight. The Jay Flight is about a thousand lbs heavier. My tow vehicle is Toyota Sequoia 5.7L with tow package. Are our apprehension well founded? Thanks for all the input. It's been very helpful.
happyretiree2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #15
We added a Fantastic Fan to our 27DSRL, it quiet, and really can pull the cool air in through these new hinged windows.
SwimFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #16
Welcome to the forum happyretiree2013. Your Sequoia has a tow rating of between 7000 and 7400 lbs depending on the model. You will be pushing it with the Jay Flight you are thinking about.

Check the stickies in the towing section of the forum.

Jay Flights are a little more heavy duty than White Hawks, however we are quite happy with ours. Have added a Fantastic Fan in bath, new faucet in bath, a digital thermostat, which keeps a much better control over the temperature and a Progressive EMS. (electrical management system)
2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Litre DoubleCab
6 speed, 4.30 Limited Slip, Tow Package
2013 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:12 PM   #17
I have a 24rbs ,almost the same size its ok for 2 adults, more than enough room, and we live outside so .....BTW a few friends recommended when I shopped to stay away from trailer with rear kitchen, both had bad experience. Apparently the trailer shake a lot more at the back and its hard on the glass, plate etc etc, cabinet and drawers opening by themselves due to the bouncing and twisting ...well thats what they say

Jayco Whitehawk 24RBS 2014

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote