Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2015, 09:50 AM   #1

Question Thinking about purchasing White Hawk TT

We currently own a Jay Feather hybrid. We've taken a month long trip with it and liked it. However, we going to go to Florida for a month next winter and would like a lager floor plan. We've been looking pretty hard at a White Hawk 24RKS. Does anyone own one and would tell us how you like it? Also, has anyone else moved up from a hybrid and can give some advice?

Thanks.
happyretiree2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:17 PM   #2

We have that whitehawk and live it. Perfect size not to big and lots of storage. Ask anything? We are on a trip from wisconsin started after labor day and going to arizona for winter. In lake of the ozarks now for a month. Fun times.
sharonkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:17 PM   #3

We are also retirees and have a 23MRB. We love the space that the Murphy bed provides.
GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:47 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me how long you have owned the 24rks and have you had any problems?
Old 09-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #5

Not the WH model you are looking at, but have had it a year and love it - the floorplan works well for us. A few warranty issues, but Jayco and the dealer have been great in addressing them. Thumbs-up! (closest emoticon I could find)

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #6

We bought last sept. So 1 year. Tbe tv started getting lines on it. They replaced with new. No problem. The slideout has small tear in rubber and they will replace when we get back to wisconsin next summer. Otherwise no problems and those were small. We just love it.
sharonkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:59 AM   #7

Thanks for all replies. Really appreciate the info.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:55 AM   #8

My wife and I are both retired and have had our 24RKS for about a year and a half. We had an X17Z before this one.

We haven't had any problems yet. We are not fans of the crank out frameless windows. They do not provide good air flow, especially the one in the bedroom. If you camp only on electric sites then the AC will keep you cool. We do a lot of dry camping and the bedroom does get stuffy. We are planning on having a Fan-Tastic fan installed in the bathroom next year to draw cool air in through the windows.

The trailer is easy to tow and there is more than enough storage for us. The slide out is not very deep and the couch is small. Other than that we are happy with the trailer.
Rick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick56 View Post
My wife and I are both retired and have had our 24RKS for about a year and a half. We had an X17Z before this one.

We haven't had any problems yet. We are not fans of the crank out frameless windows. They do not provide good air flow, especially the one in the bedroom. If you camp only on electric sites then the AC will keep you cool. We do a lot of dry camping and the bedroom does get stuffy. We are planning on having a Fan-Tastic fan installed in the bathroom next year to draw cool air in through the windows.

The trailer is easy to tow and there is more than enough storage for us. The slide out is not very deep and the couch is small. Other than that we are happy with the trailer.
We agree with the windows and plan on doing the same as far as the fan in the bathroom. First project next spring before we go out.

2015 Chevy 2500HD Z71 Crew Cab 6.0L-V8, 4:10 gears
2015 White Hawk 28dsbh
2013 Jayco Jay Feather 23b (traded in)
2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L HD Tow Package (traded in)
Equalizer E-4 WD Hitch
Revschuette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #10

We considered the 24RKS also. I liked the outside storage, but the inside felt a bit cramped in the living area. We opted for the Jayflight 26RKS.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #11

The living area is a bit cramped. We have friends who just bought a Jay Flight 29RKS and we love it. Thinking about trading maybe next year (?)
Rick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:00 PM   #12

We owned a 2013 for two years and had nothing but problems. Well over 25 issues. Some minor, but some major. We could not go camping without a tool box and spare parts. We decided to trade up to a Jay Flight. Our 2016 is starting to have many problems. I have discussed this with the dealer and was told that Jayco tried to make a ultra light and cut way too many corners. I would avoid a White Hawk, and suggest you shop around for a trailer that is built better.
tommarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:24 AM   #13

Greetings, first time post but wife and I just got back from maiden trip with our new 2015 WH 27 dsrl . Definitely need the fantastic fan to help compensate air flow from the frameless windows but love them and their appearance. Going to replace the bathroom faucet this week. Way to small. Overall-- we LOVE it. Before going out we added a 4" foam topper over the short queen Denver mattress , all I did was slide a precut 2'x4' 1/2" under the existing matress and slid back about 6" from headboard end and put a foam block for topper and pillows to lay on.The 6" of plywood at the foot now provided plenty of support- didn't even have the need to screw the plywood to bed frame as most of it is slid under the matress. And slept just like being at home.
All in the trailer performed flawlessly.
Just One More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #14

Well after doing considerable research on other brands and models and reading these posts, we're leaning toward a Jay Flight 26RKS. We like the kitchen drawers and larger slide in the Jay Flight. It appears to be built a little sturdier. Our only apprehension is the weight. The Jay Flight is about a thousand lbs heavier. My tow vehicle is Toyota Sequoia 5.7L with tow package. Are our apprehension well founded? Thanks for all the input. It's been very helpful.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #15

We added a Fantastic Fan to our 27DSRL, it quiet, and really can pull the cool air in through these new hinged windows.
SwimFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #16

Welcome to the forum happyretiree2013. Your Sequoia has a tow rating of between 7000 and 7400 lbs depending on the model. You will be pushing it with the Jay Flight you are thinking about.

Check the stickies in the towing section of the forum.

Jay Flights are a little more heavy duty than White Hawks, however we are quite happy with ours. Have added a Fantastic Fan in bath, new faucet in bath, a digital thermostat, which keeps a much better control over the temperature and a Progressive EMS. (electrical management system)
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:12 PM   #17

I have a 24rbs ,almost the same size its ok for 2 adults, more than enough room, and we live outside so .....BTW a few friends recommended when I shopped to stay away from trailer with rear kitchen, both had bad experience. Apparently the trailer shake a lot more at the back and its hard on the glass, plate etc etc, cabinet and drawers opening by themselves due to the bouncing and twisting ...well thats what they say

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote