Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #1

Tire wear 2010 Jayflight 25RKS G2

Noticing unusual tire wear on all 4 tires. Inside ribs on all tires are wearing down considerably more than the outside rib. Jayco dealer has contacted Dexter Mfg., but still waiting for answers after 3 months. Has anyone else had this issue?
bradsr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:50 PM   #2

Havent noticed anything with mine but will check when I get home and if I see anything I will let you know.
2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:33 PM   #3

Dexter just replaced my complete axle assembly brake drum to break drum including leaf springs and they also replaced my tires on the rear axle on my 2013 Jayco Eagle 31.5 RLTS 5th wheel under warranty!!! In one year since I purchased it in Nov. 2013, I had put exactly 5,285 miles on it and just the rear axle had both tires wearing badly on just the inner edges of each rear axle tire!!! The bow in the axle wasn't bowed enough causing the camber (the wheels/tires leaning inward at the top) instead of being 90 degrees to the road surface!!! Dexter was very good about this and even allowed me to keep the complete replaced axle which I will take to a truck shop that can repair axles by bending them to correct the camber. Try calling Dexter service/warranty dept. and ask for Denise Sherock, she was very helpful!!! You can go to this forums section for 5th wheel trailers and see the post of mine "Rear axle tires wearing on the inner edges", there is a phone number there for Dexter or also look in the Recall section of this forum and there will be a post there on axles from Dexter!!! Hope this helps even though your probably past the warranty time frame!!! Or try this link:http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...3&goto=newpost
Rhumphers9a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:36 PM   #4

Tire Wear

Made a reply last evening to this post but evidently it didn't take although I was logged in. My advice is take your unit to a axle alignment shop and have then checked and realigned. Cost a couple hundred buck but it will save the tires. I'm pretty sure with a 2010 unit that's the ticket. Would be surprised if you get any assistance. Are you the original owner?
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:39 AM   #5

MOHOK1
I'm not the original owner so I probably won't be able to get anything done under warranty. The unit was like new when I bought it in 2012. I'll be calling dealer to see if they've heard anything from Dexter and then to find out how to fix this problem. Dexter did request dealer send them serial no.'s from axels and also from equalizer units. Tires were made in 2009 so it may be time to replace. Tread still not worn completely down. Did think about having tires reversed to get even tread wear and maybe 1 more season of camping from them.
bradsr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #6

Tires

Brad, if the tires are 2009 vintage I would replace them. Even if they have decent looking tread left, that can be deceiving. Look for dry rot, especially if they have been exposed to the su and not covered. IMHO, 5 plus years is pushing the envelop.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote