Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #1

To be a new White Hawk 30DSRE owner in South Carolina

Over that last year I have asked several questions and everyone has been a big help in guiding us towards our decision. We inked the deal this week and will take delivery of a new 2013 White Hawk 30DSRE the first week of March. We were headed to purchase from Indiana RV Connection just knowing it would be the best deal, but I decided to make one more stop at the dealer 30 mins from the house. They were able to give us a deal that if you include the cost of the drive up and back would be just about the same cost. Nice to get it locally and build that relationship with the local RV dealer, they have been great to work with. (Holiday on Wheels in Columbia SC)

FYI, will have a Propride Hitch on order here soon, going to sink the money into it..

Gary
glcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #2

30dsre

Hi Gary,

Great choice...I bought the same, picking it up May 3rd. I also just recieved my Adersen WD hitch....looks great, can't wait to set it all up. Did you get your actual shipping weight off the yellow sticker, if you did it already include the weight of the two filled propane cylinders. My shipping weight was 6376 lbs. I took the TV to the CAT scale, full tank of gas and my wife, GVW was 6200 lbs and I have a GVWR of 6800 lbs., well I should be OK for all the other limits but will be over my GVWR by 100 lbs unless I go on. Hunger strike! I really find it strange that my GAWR for both front and rear are 3900 lbs which is more than your Ford (from an earlier post) but your GVWR is much higher than my RAM. I just can't figure out how the OEM's come up with these limits. Anyway great choice enjoy!
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by glcamp View Post
Over that last year I have asked several questions and everyone has been a big help in guiding us towards our decision. We inked the deal this week and will take delivery of a new 2013 White Hawk 30DSRE the first week of March. We were headed to purchase from Indiana RV Connection just knowing it would be the best deal, but I decided to make one more stop at the dealer 30 mins from the house. They were able to give us a deal that if you include the cost of the drive up and back would be just about the same cost. Nice to get it locally and build that relationship with the local RV dealer, they have been great to work with. (Holiday on Wheels in Columbia SC)

FYI, will have a Propride Hitch on order here soon, going to sink the money into it..

Gary

Ron (Augie)
2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA
2013 Ram Laramie 3500 (Dually)
Curt Q20 hitch
Raugustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #3

No have not gotten the shipping weight, had to have the order in by this past Wednesday in order to have it shipped by 2/22. Have gone to the cat scales, ran the calculations and I am good to go with good margins.

Gary
Old 02-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #4

I bought the 2013 30DSRE in mid-December 2012. So far, we have been on a week long trip from Nashville, TN to Central Florida visiting family and then another 3 day trip to Stone Mountain outside of Atlanta. My TV is a 2012 F150 SCrew 4x4 with the Ecoboost engine and the 3.31 gear ratio. This trailer puts me right at the top of my weight limits. But, it has worked out fine so far and honestly it feels like I could handle more weight although I realize it wouldn't be safe to do so. In any case, we are very happy with this trailer. The floor plan works great for us. No wasted space, large living area, well closed off bedroom (noise, privacy, etc.). I had wondered how this trailer would be in fairly cold weather. We were in the 20s in Georgia but the trailer was comfortable. Good thing I brought an extra water hose... one night I forgot to keep a faucet dripping and the hose froze up solid. No issues in the trailer... just had to use my spare hose while the other one thawed out. We have the fireplace option and it really does a great job of adding another source of heat. In fact, it gets downright hot inside even though it is freezing outside. I am really looking forward to warmer weather though so we can get outside more and really enjoy our mini vacations in the new trailer.

So far, I am a big fan of Jayco's White Hawk series!
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #5

Newbold1 it is great to hear that you are enjoying you new TT, we loved the floor plan and the White Hawk series. Just got word about an hour ago that mine has arrived at the dealer, only had to wait just over three weeks from the time we ordered it... not to bad. Only problem is my ProPride 3P Hitch is not going to arrive until Friday, or maybe not until Monday, so I worked a deal out that they will tow it to my house on Thursday after our walk through..that's pretty good customer services.

We cannot wait and need to plan a quick trip out this weekend...if I get the hitch.

Gary
2013 White Hawk 30DSRE
ProPride 3P 1400 Hitch
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #6

I ordered my white hawk 28DSBH January 20th and not expected to get it until April! I can't wait any longer!!!! Too Excited! It should be shipped last week in March.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by glcamp View Post
Newbold1 it is great to hear that you are enjoying you new TT, we loved the floor plan and the White Hawk series. Just got word about an hour ago that mine has arrived at the dealer, only had to wait just over three weeks from the time we ordered it... not to bad. Only problem is my ProPride 3P Hitch is not going to arrive until Friday, or maybe not until Monday, so I worked a deal out that they will tow it to my house on Thursday after our walk through..that's pretty good customer services.

We cannot wait and need to plan a quick trip out this weekend...if I get the hitch.

Gary

I would be ridiculously anxious and going crazy if the hitch didn't show up on Friday. We were on pins and needles to get our new trailer. It all worked out just in time for us to go on a week long trip during Christmas to visit family in Florida. Worked out to be a great first trip in the new trailer. Already been on another trip to Georgia and have another one to go on in March. I wish I had the polar option for 4 season camping. But, even without that option the trailer did just fine. Only the floors were a little cold but the heat worked great even in 20 degree weather.

Hope for you that the hitch arrives in time.

Very nice that they are bringing the trailer to your house for the walk through. Seems like a good dealer to do business with.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
I ordered my white hawk 28DSBH January 20th and not expected to get it until April! I can't wait any longer!!!! Too Excited! It should be shipped last week in March.
Awesome! I had a hybrid first about the size of your X23J. Wait until you get into a fully enclosed trailer. It makes such a difference in comfort. And, probably my favorite part is that the A/C is so quiet now. On the hybrid the roof A/C was so loud and we had to raise our voices just to talk to each other and blast the television volume. The White Hawk is like a little house that I take with me on trips. Totally different experience and it is great.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #9

Just got an email back from Sean at ProPride, he is trying to get the hitch out the door today. What a great company to work with they are top notch. If it arrives Friday I will put it on even if I have to spend all night doing so, then take it out this weekend maybe down to Myrtle Beach or Charleston. It will give me a good trip to make the adjustments needed. If it does not arrive then we will just sit in it in the driveway all weekend.

I got the glacier package, almost bought a 2012 a few months ago glad I did not since now they offer this package. Heck I got everything on it with the exception of the bumper mount grill.

Now my only outstanding question I have is throw away the boards and get Lynx Levels or keep them...or maybe a combination of both...

Gary
2013 White Hawk 30DSRE
ProPride 3P 1400 Hitch
Old 02-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #10

Pick it up today, so far so good...we love it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo11.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	6700Click image for larger version

Name:	photo12.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	6701

Gary
2013 White Hawk 30DSRE
ProPride 3P 1400 Hitch
Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #11

To be a new White Hawk 30DSRE owner in South Carolina

Sweet camper pick mine up in two enjoy
Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #12

Hi Gary

Just ordered Whitehawk 27DSRE from Holiday on Wheels, great folks, go to same church we go to. They will take care of you if you need any warantee work.
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #13

Yes they are great to do business with, went through everything with my wife and I and took all the time we needed. I would not hesitate a minute in referring anyone to Gary at Holiday on Wheels in Columbia SC. And since he and I have the same first name it made it even better :-)

Gary
2013 White Hawk 30DSRE
ProPride 3P 1400 Hitch
Old 07-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #14

Just ordered 2014 30DSRE loaded with every option. Love everything about it. Currently have a toy hauler but wife is not loving it. Prior to this we had a Jayco Eagle and made tons of memories in it with our kids. I only wish the windows were crank out vs. slides as we camp in the rain often in Oregon.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote