Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #21

Not really sure which has the 5/8" plywood floors now outside of the jay flight, eagle and up. Things could've changed and I haven't shopped Jayco for a while.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #22

Whitehawks

They still do call them ultra-lites. They used to say it on the front of the trailer but that was taken off last year.

I still don't understand what "ultra-lite" means because my trailer is very similar in style and weight as the Jayflight 26BHS. I personally don't believe that the trailers are any lighter. They may have different construction to accommodate different people's tastes but the weights are all pretty much the same. The jayfeather 25BH is light by 500lbs and it has a couch and the JF 26BHS is about 400lbs heavier than mine but it's bigger too.

What does ultra-light mean?? That it was not constructed with 2x4's and sided with aluminum??

Happy trails and a happy new year.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropnaduece View Post
They still do call them ultra-lites. They used to say it on the front of the trailer but that was taken off last year.

I still don't understand what "ultra-lite" means because my trailer is very similar in style and weight as the Jayflight 26BHS. I personally don't believe that the trailers are any lighter. They may have different construction to accommodate different people's tastes but the weights are all pretty much the same. The jayfeather 25BH is light by 500lbs and it has a couch and the JF 26BHS is about 400lbs heavier than mine but it's bigger too.

What does ultra-light mean?? That it was not constructed with 2x4's and sided with aluminum??

Happy trails and a happy new year.
Could just be a marketing term, like The "HT" fifth wheels are supposedly half ton towable but on!y a small select specially equipped group of half tons can take the pin weight. I noted a long time ago some of the Jayfeathers did not weigh much less then the similar Jayflight floorplans. But the Jayflights had a larger CCC and tanks.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Could just be a marketing term, like The "HT" fifth wheels are supposedly half ton towable but on!y a small select specially equipped group of half tons can take the pin weight. I noted a long time ago some of the Jayfeathers did not weigh much less then the similar Jayflight floorplans. But the Jayflights had a larger CCC and tanks.
You are right on the marketing part because on the Whitehawk site it says "1/2 ton towable TT".

Cheers
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #25

My Whitehawk has an unloaded vehicle weight of #5400. 2017 has ULVW of #6040. The floor construction is different, however my floor has been just fine. Would not trade up for an extra 640 lbs.
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnapper View Post
Is this the Launch Ultra Lite model?....

It does say 5/8" ply flooring.
Vacuum-Bonded Laminated Aluminum Framed Sidewalls (R-9)
Not sure what that is actually......can you provide some insight please?

Yes, it is called the Launch ultra lite. But I'm not sure I can provide much insight. I bought it because we like the floorplan and the trim amenities were nicer in our opinion in the Starcraft rather than the 2 levels of jayco. As I recall the weights were all close in the 2016 models and we could tow with our Durango. When we went to sign the papers in April the dealer had sold the unit we compared to the others the week before so he offered us a 2017 for the same deal. It came in a few weeks later and we've been happily using it ever since. The floor has felt solid the first year and with the cold weather package you can't see anything underneath. The furnace vents thru the bottom of the bathroom vanity and then through the inside side wall into the bedroom so no floor vents to pick up and look. The sidewalls are fiberglass outside and seem solid. The paneling inside also seems solid and we were told there is foam insulation between the two walls that add to stability in the wall. It would have been fun to take a factory tour and see our unit under construction but we didn't so I'm just guessing on some things. But this is our 3rd camper and the first 2 were Jayco's that we used for 20 years without problems so I trust them to build this one right too. Good luck with yours.