Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2015, 04:15 PM   #1

Trailer tires - Jayco warranty

Might be too late for me, but I wanted to pass it along.

Had the tread basically fall off driving down the road. Put the spare on. Since I was far from home, I bought a new tire and put it on the blown tire. There is some damage to my trailer, but not really bad. I emailed Jayco customer service and got a good/bad reply (possibly). I asked if Jayco covers the tires while my trailer is under warranty. They said they do, and I would need to take it to the dealer for pictures. They also cover the damage done by the tire. Possible problem for me is the tire is long gone at the tire shop.

So I didn't know this, and the funny thing is I went to the dealer today and asked them the same questions. They said Jayco doesn't cover the tires or the damage. Then 2 minutes later, I am driving out of their back lot and check my email. I go back in and show my dealer the email. They said they would see what they can do since I don't have the tire. I don't know yet if I will be covered for this problem, but someone else may make the same mistake I possibly did by getting rid of the tire without pictures.

I am going to forward the email to my dealer now and cross my fingers.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:27 PM   #2

Well I have say thanks ..... ready to do a long trip (2000) miles) and if I end up with a blow out with my "power king" tires I will be prepared.

Thanks

Pedro

No Gas in my garage, now I need a Diesel Lawnmower
pedser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #3

I found another item not covered by Jayco Warranty. My battery in the 5er went bad. It was an Everlast. The battery was less than a year old. I called Jayco and the first guy I spoke with said to take the battery to my local Jayco dealer for replacement. I went to the dealer and they said Jayco doesn't cover batteries. They called Jayco to confirm this. The dealer said to take the battery to an Everlast dealer. They might warranty the battery. The closest Everlast battery dealer was a 200 mile round trip. I gave up and bought a battery that has a dealer that will warranty the battery from any dealer.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:57 AM   #4

Interesting about the battery. Jayco does not install batteries, dealers do. So you'd think that they would be able to handle the battery warranty.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadamn View Post
Might be too late for me, but I wanted to pass it along.

Had the tread basically fall off driving down the road. Put the spare on. Since I was far from home, I bought a new tire and put it on the blown tire. There is some damage to my trailer, but not really bad. I emailed Jayco customer service and got a good/bad reply (possibly). I asked if Jayco covers the tires while my trailer is under warranty. They said they do, and I would need to take it to the dealer for pictures. They also cover the damage done by the tire. Possible problem for me is the tire is long gone at the tire shop.

So I didn't know this, and the funny thing is I went to the dealer today and asked them the same questions. They said Jayco doesn't cover the tires or the damage. Then 2 minutes later, I am driving out of their back lot and check my email. I go back in and show my dealer the email. They said they would see what they can do since I don't have the tire. I don't know yet if I will be covered for this problem, but someone else may make the same mistake I possibly did by getting rid of the tire without pictures.

I am going to forward the email to my dealer now and cross my fingers.
We had a similar experience with 2 tires and I called our dealer right away. I took pics of the bad tires, emailed them to the service manager, with instructions to bring our trailer when we returned home so they could assess the damage. Our dealer, Northern RV, has been fantastic! When we returned to the dealer we presented our receipt for new tires and this receipt plus cost of repairs was submitted to Jayco for payment and approved. We were pleasantly surprised and are happy campers.
YooperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:30 PM   #6

Jayco stood tall on my blowmax. Found a bubble in 2 prior to a trip and had them replaced at the dealer after providing supporting pictures. Personally I would change dealers as there seems to be little effort done on their part to help you. It costs nothing for them to ask Jayco on your behalf and with your doing so only helps them get an answer faster. It too 72 hrs to get my support between both dealer and I.

My dealer has no issues asking for me regardless of the issue.

Now on the battery that would be a manufaturer warranty and I would put it on the dealer selling you the unit with the battery they installed. There should be some warranty left.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
Jayco stood tall on my blowmax. Found a bubble in 2 prior to a trip and had them replaced at the dealer after providing supporting pictures. Personally I would change dealers as there seems to be little effort done on their part to help you. It costs nothing for them to ask Jayco on your behalf and with your doing so only helps them get an answer faster. It too 72 hrs to get my support between both dealer and I.

My dealer has no issues asking for me regardless of the issue.

Now on the battery that would be a manufaturer warranty and I would put it on the dealer selling you the unit with the battery they installed. There should be some warranty left.
The dealer I purchased the RV from may have done something but I am 1400 miles from there at the time the battery went dead. I had a battery go bad on a truck I had that was under warranty and the local dealer covered it even though I did not purchase it from them. Your trailer doesn't operate without a battery any more than your truck would. It's not like a person has a choice on batteries when you buy a new vehicle. It just seems like a manufacture would cover everything that you need to make a vehicle usable. Not a big expense it just didn't make sense to me. Jayco has been great on other warranty work I have had done.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #8

Update - Because I didn't have any pictures of the blown out tire, my dealer was having a problem getting Jayco to approve any damage repairs to my trailer. I sent another e-mail to Jayco and got the reply this morning that they would cover the damage and they e-mailed my dealer. That is ridiculously awesome customer service and warranty coverage. I can't say enough about how good the warranty from Jayco has been. I will definitely be buying my next trailer from them when the time comes.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:14 PM   #9

That is awesome to hear!!!!

Way to go Jayco!!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:17 AM   #10

I had a recent tire wear problem (see recent post), Jayco stood tall on that one for sure. Repaired the bad tire , covered the labor for replacing the axle.
snookwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote