Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #41

Wow, winterizing all ready! Sorry bout that. We camp all winter long down here in the south. Best camping time when it is nice and cold. The Corp of Engineers are closing all their parks from about October through March for budget cuts. What a shame. We are camping at the state parks during those months now. Love to see the colors change and sit by the campfire.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
Wow, winterizing all ready! Sorry bout that. We camp all winter long down here in the south. Best camping time when it is nice and cold. The Corp of Engineers are closing all their parks from about October through March for budget cuts. What a shame. We are camping at the state parks during those months now. Love to see the colors change and sit by the campfire.
X2
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam
Prodigy P2
Tanker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #43

OK, I'm really brave. I constructed an adapter from air compressor to water hose (set the compressor pressure at 40 pounds) and connect to my water inlet. First drain the fresh water tank, leave the valve open, and open low point valves. When all has drained I close the low point valves and turn on one faucet at a time and turn on my compressor. I go through all of the faucets one at a time until no more water comes out. I then take the plug out of the hot water heater and re-open the low point valves. Last step is to pour the RV anti-freeze in the drains and make sure the toilet has anti-freeze in the bowl to keep the gasket from drying out. We sometimes go south during the winter so don't like to pump the anti-freeze out of the water lines several times. I winterized yesterday. Still warm but we usually get freezing weather in mid September. By not having anti-freeze in my water lines I am ready to fill or connect to the water inlet when we get to warmer climates. We can still flush the toilet with anti-freeze on the road, wash and make coffee with bottled water.
Curt class V hitch
Reese trunion WD with dual cam
AC6CV/7 ex-W8RUR since 1954

Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote