Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
We use those small tension bars on each shelf. We also use heavy duty containers for the small items to prevent spillage.

Joe, Joyce , 4 Kids and 3 Dogs.
2004 V-10 Excursion with Hellwig sway bar, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Bilstein shocks and steering stabilizer, Super Duty Tow Mirrors,
3.73 Gears, Reese dual cam, Prodigy brake controller.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #12
We too use the refrigerator spring bars. We also have used them in the pantry and medicine cabinet of our old 232 EXP. Never worry about stuff like gallon milk jugs falling out when the door is opened for the first time and you forget stuff moves around!

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH traded in
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4, 5.7, 6 speed 4.30 gears
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #13
Depending on the floor plan, placement of the fridge, distance traveled, road conditions, rv suspenion (shocks) it might intensify the movement of the items in the fridge. With our 2004 26S there was little movement, fridge was midship, it only required some tension bars in place. We kept the weight of the door contents to a minimum. On our 2008, 313RKS, rear kitchen, rear fridge, it was a nightmare. It was are second voyage with the new unit. The last bump into the Lake George Campground was like a speed bump, over a culvert on the roadway. As I was setting up outside, the Navigator was setting up inside. She opened the fridge and the contents made its way to the floor!

I remember hearing something about selling it and this was the last time......... . We had the bars in place but the movement of the contents was exagerated with the fridge location. The front, sides of the fridge shelves were less tight fitting than the rear of the shelves. After that we used the bars along with flat, foam pool noodles at the front of the shelves, behind the bars, in front of the contents, to prevent the contents from moving. I also took 3/8 clear plastic tubing, 3" long, slit open to fit around the shelf sides to tighten the fit in the grooves on the side if the fridge walls. The tabs that hold the bottom shelf of the fridge in place broke off during a trip to Newfoundland, I secured that in place with clear silicone caulking. The new owner may have found that out by now!

On our 2012 321RLTS we have had no issues to date. Even after another 9500 km Newfoundland trip. We continue with both the bars and the flat pool noodles between the bars and the contents. The noodles are lightweight and the right size and low budget. Have fun and get on the road!!!!
Married To The Navigator
2005 Red GMC Duramax 4X4 HD Crew Cab
2012 321RLTS
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #14
Thanks everyone for the responses. As soon as I read the first post for the spring bars I rushed to the local Store and picked up a set of 3. As some suggested most canned and big containers in the door. Loaded the rest tight on a shelf .....and took off. We traveled about 70 miles over pretty good road.....when we got there everything was as we packed it.

I apologize for taking so long to thank all who responded...I literally installed the bars, packed the fridge and left for the weekend. Thanks, as always, for the help
Doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #15
The frig bars are great for keeping your contents in the frig while traveling. the last thing you want is to get to your campsite and find that all of the contents have came out and rolling around on the floor of your camper.
sgscomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #16
No carbonated drinks in fridge while driving. Can you say explosion, sticky mess? Those 2 bar adjustables for the fridge is great!
Also, make sure stuff can't jump around in the door. Pack with wash cloth or towel to keep things snug.
Have fun!!!!!

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote