Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #1

Travel Trailer Quality

We have owned a Jay Flight 26RLS for 5 yrs. and have been totally satisfied with the quality.

Looking to move up to a slightly larger one and wondered if there is a quality/standard feature difference between the Jay Flight and the Whitehawk.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:58 PM   #2

We've owned our White Hawk 25BHS for 2 years and feel the quality is excellent. The only problems we've had were a few 110v outlets not working after the first trip and a failed hot water heater at about 18 months but both were covered under the warranty.

Ken

2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71 4x4 Duramax
1985 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Just got delivery on a Jayflight last month, 24rbs.
Love it and quality was excellent. Zero issues found yet, everything works as designed.

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #4

Our 2016 Jay Feather is a pretty decent unit, very few issues. Have you seen the 2018 White Hawks? You may want to do some digging on them. There are a couple of threads here on the JOF for the 2018 models. Jayco has changed the White Hawk look quite a bit. That may help you decide as well.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #5

We just picked up our 2017 White Hawk 28 DSBH and the build quality seems quite above average so far. We had a 2007 Jay Flight 27 BH which was also very solid, can't comment about new Jay Flights, have not owned one of those. We had a Prime Time Tracer (Forest River product) in between our Jayco's and the Jayco's are much better built.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:47 PM   #6

I have a 2016 25 Whitehawk BHS which we like alot. the issues I have are.
1. The battery will not operate the system in the trailer (it is charged and this is the 2nd time.)
2. The usb cellphone charger broke and will have to be replaced. From other threads this appears to be a problem.
3.The trailer leaks from the front cap. I think it is the marker light replacement when the dealer removed the sway control system and did not ensure it was waterproof.
4. Had some issues with the circuit breaker popping when AC in use.

Some issues were fixed, but need to take it back to dealer for 1-3.

Once I Get these problems fixed and Ill be a "Happy Camper"
3hounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hounds View Post
1. The battery will not operate the system in the trailer (it is charged and this is the 2nd time.)
2. The usb cellphone charger broke and will have to be replaced. From other threads this appears to be a problem.
3.The trailer leaks from the front cap. I think it is the marker light replacement when the dealer removed the sway control system and did not ensure it was waterproof.

Why would you like a leaking trailer?
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:50 AM   #8

We're starting our second season in our Jay Flight 38FDDS at a seasonal site. Minimal issues so far. Furrion system died, the awning had a defect in the material, and we had a dead USB port in the kitchen. All issues occurred last season when new. All fixed under warranty. Other than those couple of issues it's been great the last 13.5 months. I don't tow it so I can't comment on road wear and tear which seems to loosen these rigs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #9

So people like you can ask the question.
3hounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hounds View Post

I have a 2016 WH 25BHS and we love it!! Other than some very minor stuff that no dealer had to take care of cause I fixed it myself we have been good. We also had the USB charging station break after just a few times using it but the dealer ordered a new one and I installed it myself to avoid dropping it off. Our first trip last weekend we found a leak under the bathroom sink. I don't know where the water came from because under the sink is the outdoor shower plumbing as well. The reason I can't find out where the water came from is because it's not leaking now that I'm trying to find it...lol. Maybe it was just a leak cause it hasn't been used since last summer. I blew out the lines for winter storage so I think next winter I will load the pipes with anti freeze so the pipes don't sit empty for months.

White hawk is awesome and I love the rear door into the bathroom. On really hot days we use it as a chamber lock and not use the main door to keep the main living area cooler. Also it works well for when we have friends camping in tents to use our bathroom without going through the main living area. Great idea to have the second door! The only reason they added the second door tho was to have access when both slides are in cause we have the island model.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:53 PM   #11

Dropnaduece, I think you're right about why they added the door in the bathroom. We have the 2015 with one slide and you can easily slip between the dinette and kitchen cabinet with the slide in. We're glad ours doesn't have the 2nd door because we'd rather have the wall space in the bathroom but I do like the idea of tent campers being able to just enter the bathroom rather than walk through the trailer.

Ken

2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71 4x4 Duramax
1985 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote