Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #1

tried out our new trailer...

Tuesday we picked up our new 2013 Jayflight swift 267 BHS. We camped in her last night for the first time. Heat on 65 and it was 20 degrees and very frosty outside. We were all very comfortable in our pj's, watching television and relaxing. You would never know it was that cold outside. After having a pop up for 3 years, you can imagine that this is heaven for us. No condensation on the walls or damp pillows when you wake up. All I can say is I will never worry about weather again when making reservations for camp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3659.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	5432
Leigh and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #2

Very nice.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #3

We bought our x213 last year after many years in a popup also. We were also very pleased with how comfortable the trailer is in the cold. Enjoy.
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #4

If the temp was that cold, how did you prepare it to keep from freezing? We are new at this also, and have just left a used one in KY, thinking we might try it for a couple weeks in Dec. We are both retired and thought this might be fun, but, sometimes seems like a lot of work..lol If we get some experience, we might just learn to like this after all. Oh yes, your new unit is beautiful
Bonieta Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #5

Last week, we were out camping it was 26 deg F outside and a toasty 65-80 inside. We used two ceramic heaters all weekend. The CG turned off their water and drained it. We filled our fresh water tank, (not insulated, open underbelly). When we went to bed I forgot to open cabinet doors help allow the heat into where the water pipes are located. We did run the water facets once during the night when the DW had to use the bathroom. When I opened the cabinets in the morning inside the cabinets were warm. I never noticed any signs of icing.

One more thing, it was above freezing during the day.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #6

We just returned from our last five day trip for the year. I looked at my outdoor thermometer reading at 11:00 PM friday and it was 0 deg F. When i got up at 2:00 am it was 2 below so i opened up all the cupboards and hoped for the best because it was also windy. When i went to the dump station to dump my waste tote the rinse hose was frozen at the valve. Luckily they have another dump station that was not frozen since it was left running a little. I'm suprised my low point drains didn't freeze. We get by with one small 1500 watt heater. Two days latter and now its 68 degrees.
equalizer 1000# hitch
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #7

The hybrid has a little more heat lose, so two heaters, one aiming towards the back bunk and one aimed at the front bunk and we are toasty warm. With one heater I have found it struggles to maintain a temp above 60 in the earlier morning hours.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonieta Joyce View Post
If the temp was that cold, how did you prepare it to keep from freezing? We are new at this also, and have just left a used one in KY, thinking we might try it for a couple weeks in Dec. We are both retired and thought this might be fun, but, sometimes seems like a lot of work..lol If we get some experience, we might just learn to like this after all. Oh yes, your new unit is beautiful
wish I could help you with a good answer. We brought the trailer home from the dealer and he winterized it with antifreeze. We are only in the back yard so we are not using toilet or water. We had the furnace on 70 all night and it didnt run as much as we thought it would. We have been at a campground in october when the temps dropped below freezing but not long enough to worry about the pipes freezing. Good luck on your travels. Hope you can make it our way someday.
Leigh and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote