Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #1

TV connection

I have an 08 Jayco Jay Flight G2 which I bought a year ago. On the 3 times I took it to a campsite with no cable TV hook up I could not get a TV signal using the antenna, this last time I even bought a piece to put on it made by Wineguard to boost the signal, still no signal , where they had cable I had no trouble. One of the guys with us had a Jayco trailer and he had the same problem when he first got his trailer and he said he could fix it for me. We ran a cable straight from the antenna to the TV and I got a signal so we knew the antenna was O.K. Then we hooked up 1 wire at a time from the back of the splitter direct to the TV until we found out which one was the antenna and the TV worked fine. We did the same for the other remaining wires and now it works great.
Well it seems Jayco has wired it wrong at the splitter box. They had the antenna wire going to the bedroom TV from the splitter and not to the center of the splitter. They had it wired the same way on my buddies Jayco. So if your having a problem with TV from the antenna you might want o check it out.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #2

Hi, did you try pushing the button on the face plate where the coax cables connect to turn on the over air antenna amplifier. I thought mine was wired incorrectly at first until I learned that I was overlooking that little button near the green/red light. My issue was with the tv in the front bedroom acting differently than the one in the living area.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #3

My previous post on similiar issue.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=4137
Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarv29BHS View Post
Hi, did you try pushing the button on the face plate where the coax cables connect to turn on the over air antenna amplifier. I thought mine was wired incorrectly at first until I learned that I was overlooking that little button near the green/red light. My issue was with the tv in the front bedroom acting differently than the one in the living area.
I trired the booster and the picture got more distorted.
I think it was just a goof at the factory. Both TV's works fine now

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote