Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #1

TV connections

We are trying to make the outside TV connection work on our 20MRB TT. We know that the inside tv works but there is no signal coming out of the outside connection for an outside tv. Any have a clue please advise.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #2

Is it just an unmarked outlet on the outside of the camper? If so, I bet it is where you connect to a campground cable (which goes through the antanna module on the inside). I don't know if it works in reverse as you are trying to do.

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #3

We have the signal coming in from the camp sight on the service side but we cannot get a signal from the outlet on the other side. We have camp sight in. On the inside we have an air antenna outlet which is marked and two other outlets that are not marked. That is all we know about right now and the owners book does not address the tv connections.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #4

The two that are not marked (on the same plate) there should be a jumper connecting the 2 of them. Your TV should be connected to the plate with the button for the power antenna with the power antenna OFF since you're hooked to park cable. Are you hooked up this way?
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #5

Take a look at this thread, it will help explain how the whole thing works
Old 05-23-2014, 07:21 AM   #6

Thank you for your response. It was connected like you said from the dealer and we have it reconnected it like you said and it does not work. I think we need to look inside the two plates and see if they are connected correctly. Also thank you for the link I will use it to check my connections.
I will advise you what we find.
Thanks Bobby and Charlene
Old 05-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #7

Nylyon Thank you for your information. We opened the A B plate and found the cable wire broken off from the back of the plate. That was the way it was installed at the factory. Thank God for this tool!!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:03 AM   #8

NYLYON, quoting you: If you have more than one TV and your Satellite receiver has an RF out, connect that to port "B" which will then push the signal to the rest of the camper's TV's.

At that point the other TVs will be receiving an SD signal, correct? And if so, is there any way of getting HD aside from running HDMI from TV1 to TV2?

Don't mean to hj and thanks for the explanation of the A and B, etc., that I've been looking for for three years. Now I have to try it on our next campout.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
NYLYON, quoting you: If you have more than one TV and your Satellite receiver has an RF out, connect that to port "B" which will then push the signal to the rest of the camper's TV's.

At that point the other TVs will be receiving an SD signal, correct? And if so, is there any way of getting HD aside from running HDMI from TV1 to TV2?

Don't mean to hj and thanks for the explanation of the A and B, etc., that I've been looking for for three years. Now I have to try it on our next campout.
Ah, one of my favorite subjects. You're only going to get HD to the aux [#2] tv if you use an HDMI cable. Also you'll need a dual receiver to get separate tuneability thru the 2nd tv. Be careful with the RF modulator to feed signal from the sat receiver to the coax TT wiring. It can send feedback into the receiver and affect the HDMI output to the main tv. My audio was all wacked out because of this. Changed out HDMI cables and ports and after getting a Dish tech on site, was able to trace the problem to the RFmodulator I had connected to my Z211 receiver.

If you want HD in the bedroom, you'll need to run a direct feed from the dish to the BR and connect it to a 2nd receiver. I have settled with SD in the bedroom and have a choice of using my dual receiver from home or a 2nd Z211 stacked in the front with the 2nd receiver feeding into the TT network.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post

Correct and as Bassdogs mentioned you will all be enjoying the same channel on a single tuner receiver, but you can get separate on a dish model 722 for example. Piping HD to other TV's is certainly obtainable in a variety of ways. You can use HDMI splitters with wireless extenders, run a wire, add a separate satellite receiver..... lots of options and costs. Using the existing RF out on your receiver is the cheap (free!) way out. The signal will be good, but no where near HD, but you're camping right?

On my 5th, I ended up running a separate satellite connection for the living room TV because Jayco put that A/B plate in the bedroom?!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #11

Yes