Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #1

TV Mounts

I have 26 BH and want to mount a TV in the bedroom part where the sticker says to mount. Does anyone know what is in the wall there to hold it and what type of hardware do you use to mount it? Also what is the biggest TV you can mount to the wall?

2008 F-150 Supercrew 2011 Jayco Jayflight 26 BH
CRoesti13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRoesti13 View Post
I have 26 BH and want to mount a TV in the bedroom part where the sticker says to mount. Does anyone know what is in the wall there to hold it and what type of hardware do you use to mount it? Also what is the biggest TV you can mount to the wall?
I don't have a 26BH so I can't answer your question on what's in the wall or how big you can go but there are several different mounts that could work.

Depending on the TV and viewing angle, you could go with something that's flat against the wall or something more adjustable. Just shop around because you can pay a lot or a lot less for a mount and still end up with something very functional.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #3

I would send an e-mail off to Jayco and ask them for the wall print. I received the wall print on my Jay Flight 19RD from them. After looking at the wall print I decided to not mount to the exterior wall. Seems like the studs are 2 by 3s and they have ply wood and OSB in the walls for strengthening. I worried about the cantilevering effect of the TV mount, not necessarily just the weight of the TV.

I built a shelf to fit on top of the present shelf and mounted a tilt mount bracket to that. I went to the local Sherwin Williams paint store and took one of my kitchen drawers in and they matched the stain perfectly by shooting and mixing. I stained my shelf and it looks like the original stain color.
Curt class V hitch
Reese trunion WD with dual cam
AC6CV/7 ex-W8RUR since 1954

Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #4

I just installed two 22" JVC LED/DVD combos in my 2010 26BH. I love them, but I have not seen how they do in transit. I have them mounted very securely though.

I bought this mount because it is two screws that mount in a straight line. This makes it so I can hit the stud where as other mounts may have four screws and two would hit but two probably wouldn't... This unit also has 2" screws that come with it which are a #12 size. http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Arti...5942932&sr=8-3

The JVCs I bought were at Sams Club for $230 each and they are nice because they have DVD player on board so no need to mount a shelf or anything. http://www.amazon.com/JVC-LT-22EM21-...5943263&sr=1-1

I did contact Jayco for the wall plans and they provided them, but the studs were not where the plans called for. I measured about 20 times and drilled a couple holes and nada.

In the bedroom area I was able to tell quite easily where the studs were and actually calculated thing just right so I hit one of the studs the kitchen cabinet was mounted to on the other side of the wall.

The kitchen one next to the radio unit was the one I had a tough time with. Plans weren't what Jayco had. I was able to find a stud just above the thermostat. I bought some 1" #12 screws at Lowes for $1.05 and they worked perfectly since the wall is 1" and the bracket is 3/8" I didn't go through the wall.

If you would like I will go take some photos for you a little later. Right now it is snowing here in SLC and it is still dark.

Laters,

aSLOdonat
aSLOdonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #5

Those are the same mounts I installed in my 22FB and I'm really happy with them.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #6

TV Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Those are the same mounts I installed in my 22FB and I'm really happy with them.
Did you mount your new installation in the same area as the previous one was mounted. I'm assuming the original one was mounted the same place as in my 23FB. How large is the TV you mounted? Did you do anything extra to support it when traveling?
Thanks.