Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #21

I measured the gap between the tires while it was on the ground
dakotakid91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #22

This is just a follow-up to what was decided about my tire and alignment issues that I was having with my Jayco 25' RKS. I took it out to the guy that did my wheel bearing repack last spring and he looked and measured things carefully and could find nothing out of alignment. He said that he got to looking at that one individual tire with the uneven wear and determined that there was a flaw in its manufacturing. He said the other three tires looked okay but that one individual tire was exhibiting problems. I have now since put it in covered storage for the winter and will replace all four tires on the trailer next spring when I take the trailer out. I once again want to thank everyone on this forum who responded to me site ideas, thoughts, and/or suggestions. I have right at 12K miles on this set of tires and as others have suggested on this forum.....they are due for replacement.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #23

Uneven Tire Wear

I have a 2016 Jay Flight 23RB, bought new, and after a 3000 mile trip we noticed one of the tires was wearing on the inside to the extent it was no longer safe. The axle manual says it could be caused by overloading (we are very careful about this), underinflation (we check pressure before leaving every day), or wheel alignment. I took the trailer into Bear alignment and $240 later was told the front axle was way out of alignment. We put the spare on, took another trip of 2800 miles and had no uneven wear. The thing that sticks in my craw is that the alignment should have been right from the factory, and I shouldn't have had to pay for it. It's been typical of quality problems on this trailer.
blokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:19 PM   #24

Blokeman, thanks for your reply to the axle alignment issue you had with your trailer and the repair that was made to it. I will certainly keep this in mind next spring when I put the four new tires on my trailer and begin using it again. I will be watching tire wear very carefully and if it presents itself again, I will definitely get it into an alignment shop and see if I have alignment problem. I trust the guy that looked at it for me but we'll see what transpires going forward. If I have further issues with it I will certainly let the forum know.

Steve