Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2016, 07:07 AM   #11
I don't have the links, but search for RV Direct and RV One (there are 2 online companies that carry Jayco, maybe someone else can hel, I think that's the companies). Request a price quote for a brand new one for a starting price. Go see what you can do at a local dealer.

The issue with used, while the bugs may be worked out, is a lot of new owners get into a 10+ year loan, add the extended warranty, and do not negotiate that great of a price. And then only pay the minimum monthly payment. So in 5 years when they decide to get out of camping, or upgrade to a new model, they still owe almost what they should have paid for the unit if they had gotten a very good negotiated price.

We got just over 30% off the Jayco listed msrp, with a new Reese Dual Cam system plus the tax, title, and plate. Used trailers (3-8 yr old models) were advertised for anywhere from about $18k to $25k!!! Not sure what the final price could have been for the used ones, but for us it was worth going new.

Good luck!!!

Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:23 AM   #12
The new -v used debate is a good one. But to each their own. If you feel your family has pinned down a good deal and want to drive across the country to make it work, great.

For me personally, if you are looking at spending low $20K's on a camper, I would go the new route. I purchased a 2015 28BHBE for $20k new a couple years ago. Extra research on the pricing of these campers will save you thousands.

Regarding the floor plan, you will get a lot of imput form folks who don't know you or what you want. Ultimately you won't know if the floor plan is good for you until you use it for a while.

For many (including myself) there is a progression. In the past 5 years I've had 3 campers. The first was a small camper w/o a slide. Then we wanted more room and got a bigger camper with a slide. Then we wanted more room again and .......

I like both campers your family has picked out. I don't like the prices. RV Trader has 2012 camper 29QBH for $17K. New 29' campes are under $25K.

2016 Road Warrior 355
2015 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW 4x4 MegaCab ShortBed
2011 F150 ecoboost - Traded
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote