Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #1

Vortex 2 Fan? Will It Fit?

I have a 2010 19bh. We have been considering doing more boondocking this season, but would like a little more airflow in the tt. Has anyone installed one of these? Says it will replace Elixer, Jensen or Ventline Fans. Not sure which one I have. Any insight would be great!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_2243wt_689

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #2

I installed that exact fan from that exact seller. If the clearance inside your roof vent trim is 13.25" x 13.25" - then this unit should install fine. It has (2) available positions to install the vent cover crank wheel to accommodate different vendor crank designs. My OEM was a Ventline.

I installed the fan at the end of season last year, so I cant help with an extended performance report. As well - I don't have anything to compare it to - but the High Speed setting seems a little loud...but not louder than an A/C unit. The medium and low settings are pretty quiet.

It installs easy...the biggest challenge for me was tapping power off the ceiling light source.
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #3

Were you putting it in a vent that isn't already have a fan in it? The wires should be there from the old fan.

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #4

I installed the single speed version of this fan, wished the multi-speed was availble when I did it.

I too had the Ventline OEM from the factory, the one with the very small and basically uslesw fan. I had to reposition the vent handle per the Vortex instructions, no issues with that. I used the existing factory wiring to power the Vortex.

There was a metal junction box inside the the OEM vent that interfered with the Vortex fan's fit, I simply cut out the junction box, used wire nuts and wrapped the connections in elec tape, proceeded with the installation.

I have had no issues in the 18 mths I have had it installed.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
Site Team

I too installed the Vortex one speed a couple years ago. Easy install, no problems so far.....
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain2000 View Post
Were you putting it in a vent that isn't already have a fan in it? The wires should be there from the old fan.
No fan as original equipment with my TT!!!! Vent & Screen only....
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #7

Just installed one of these several weeks ago. I replaced a ventline fan (tiny fan that didn't move any air) with the Vortex II. Install took about 15 minutes. Also installed a MaxAir vent. The multi-speed fan works great to exhaust the heat in the RV and bathroom moisture and fumes. Highly recommend the Vortex as a replacement for the small worthless fan.
StringFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #8

I'd go with a fantastic fan unit. They are reasonably quiet and move a ton of air. Easy to install in an existing vent hole. Just wire into the existing wires for the the "stink" fan. The OEM little fans are only there to vent the bathroom after a sit down visit. Otherwise they are like I said "worthless".

If no existing fan you will have to fish 12v power from a nearby ceiling light after you open up the hole by removing the old vent unit. Don't do the job half way. While installing the new fan unit, finish by adding a Maxvent cover on the top. Won't have to worry about leaving the cap open in the rain and can travel with the vent open to keep the TT cool while traveling.

I have let Jayco know that I don't understand why they [all manufacturers for that matter] don't at least include the fan upgrades as an option with their new TT's. I know they won't give it to us for free, but as an option I'd bet 95% of customers would opt for adding it to their purchase. My new 2014 white hawk will be getting one added [by me] before our first outing this fall.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote