Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2016, 11:52 PM   #1

Waiting game begins

Just purchased our first new TT. Jayco Flight 29BHDS.. I believe we got a decent deal @ $22k with the Equalizer 4pt WDH. Now we wait for the dealer to contact us to let us know when we can pick it up. We were at the Rv show in Timonium, MD.... the dealer is Chesaco RV, does anyone here have any good or bad reviews on them? Anything I should know when I go to sign the paperwork and take delivery?

Thanks
The Smurff's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:54 AM   #2

We used Chesaco for a pop-up a couple years ago, and we just put in an order for a North Point 377RLBH this past weekend at the same show.

They were good to deal with on the pop-up. Straight forward with pretty much everything. PDI wasn't overly extensive, but he stopped to answer any questions without making us feel rushed before letting us try it all out to our hearts content. It came in with a couple scratches in the awning, and they had already had the replacement on order when we picked it up.

Being up 83, it seems that either Joppa or Frederick is not completely in your way for warranty service, but they do have the 2 locations so if one is backed up, may not hurt to inquire about the wait at the other.

Congrats.
jnamadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:12 AM   #3

I feel your pain. My wife and I just ordered our first new TT at the end of February... we were told 4-8 weeks "but could be 12 weeks!"

Good luck with your new TT! Hope your wait is short!
JLSheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:22 PM   #4

Initially we were anticipating a 4-8 week wait but they called friday evening to let us know that someone else backed out of the deal (due to financing) on the one they had left in stock. So looks like were picking it up this week!
The Smurff's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:24 PM   #5

Awesome news! Good luck!
Old 03-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #6

We ordered a 2016 Jayco 28RBDS from Chesaco in Frederick in November. Ours was not supposed to go to production until late December - however it got moved up early and we picked it up on December 18! That is not the norm I'm sure - however our salesmen was very helpful and stayed in touch with us several times a week.
We just got back from a month in Florida and we love this trailer.

I think that Chesaco is as good as any dealer but when yours is ready for pick-up make sure to plan on spending at least 4 to 5 hours with the walk through. Take a check list with you and take your time. If anything doesn't look right or needs repair try to have that taken care of before you pull it home.

For instance - we noticed the seal above the door was unacceptable - just a big glob of silicone smeared all over the place. While we waited for the hitch work to be completed - one of the techs removed the mess, cleaned it up and re-sealed.

Bottom line - you will want to avoid having to bring your trailer back to have it worked on. It seems like all dealers have one mind - get the deal done, papers signed and get the trailer off the lot. All service and repair work gets pushed back when a new unit arrives.
EPH 461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:26 AM   #7

Waiting game begins

Congratulations on your new Jay Flight and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #8

Congratulations on a quick ending to the wait!
JLSheldon is offline   Reply With Quote