Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2016, 09:13 PM   #11
Originally Posted by mlucas77 View Post
Yes if you are still in warranty then take it straight to a Jayco dealer.. The cabinets tend to do that from time to time with moisture being the main reason.. As for the seam tape, the new units also do the same thing. And for the water run off when your slide closes. There not ment to repel water off the top as your slide comes in. Best thing for that case is to lower your Jacks on the slide side and let it run off that way.. Remember your slide roof is at a angle towards your unit. Slide toppers are the best remedy, for that..
Thanks for that verification. After 2 straight camping outings of having to bring the slides in DURING rain, i was thinking how nice slide toppers would be. Drying them off manually is nearly impossible, I honestly never thought about lowering the trailer, 1 time it was on the TV so it would have been a real pain especially in the rain. Toppers are definitely on the short list of upgrades.

2016 Jayflight 29BHDS
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab - 6.4 Hemi
2013 Ford F150 Supercrew EcoBoost, MaxTow (Loved and Sold)

Equal-i-zer Weight distribution system
jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:48 AM   #12
I have a running list of things for the dealer. Some of them cosmetic. Some of them aren't bad enough to stop us from using it. I'm going to wait until the season is over to take it in. If it were water damage as you say, I would contact the dealer via email and let him know that you're going to bring it in. Maybe ask some questions about why it could be happening. Send pictures. That way you have it documented. CYA.

TV: 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro4x
TT: 2016 174BH Baja Edition
schmittychris is offline   Reply With Quote