Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #1

Warranty expiring, have some issues, would like some thoughts....

My warranty is up this august. I have a few issues that I feel need to be addressed. I would appreciate any thoughts on each one to let me know if the problems I am having are indeed warranty type issues. The reason I need input here is because my Jayco dealer is a 200 mile round trip and I don't want to tow this sucker at today's gas prices if I can avoid it. Anyway, here's my list.....

1. Squeaky wheels. Not sure if it's the brakes, hubs or what. When I'm going down the road I can hear them if I'm passing by guardrails. I have greased the hubs.

2. Sensitive smoke detector. If we try to use the toaster or put anything in the oven, the detector goes off 5 or 6 times until our food is done. There is never any visible smoke. If we wave a towel around the detector it will stay off for a couple minutes.

3. Tripping breaker. If we are using the ac, running the bathroom fan and using our electric griddle on the outside receptacle, it almost always trips the breaker. Very annoying.

4. Sensitive carbon Monoxide detector. If we go to bed with the ac running, at some point during the night, it cools off and the ac no longer kicks on, so no air is circulating. Usually about 4:30 am we are awoken to this thing screaming. No windows are open at this time. Is this thing just too sensitive? None of us have any symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, like headaches or anything like that.

Any ideas on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Site Team

1. Could very possibly be the brakes, there have been a number of trailers from 2010 that had brake issues, and there are threads here about that. A warranty issue worth pursuing IMO.

2. Smoke detector is about a $10-15 item, not worth going for unless other stuff is being addressed. Still may not be covered by warranty but not a big deal either way.

3.Running the AC and an electric griddle along with a few other things could very well trip the 30 amp breaker, been there done that. Not a warranty issue IMO.

4. CO/LP alarm going off without proper cause means a defective unit, this also happens from time to time as reported by other members. A warranty item IMO.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #3

Wow! Fast response. Thanks Crabman.

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Site Team

Here is one thread about squeaking brakes on a 2010 unit. Others joined in with similar issues.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=351
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote