Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #1

Water Filter - Inline_ Too Many Options, help narrow it down

We have just ordered our 2013 Jay Flight 26rks (with the Bunk Bed Option) and my wife and I want to use an Inline filter when we fill up our tanks (84 gallon is alot of water)... So, I did a search... There seems to be some discussions but not really any definitive info or suggestions.. I see alot of search the forum.. so I search the forum and find more messages saying search the forum.. so either I am missing something or the search function is throwing me a curve!

I did a Google Search on anything from "Inline Water Filters", "RV Inline RV Filters" and just water filters... I see posts of a "Blue Filter (comoco I think).. In my searchs I see Culligan sells a RV inline fillter RV 600a kit with a RV 500a replacement (which is just the filter) they run $15 00-$20.00 and state they are good for 2000 gallons of water.. mainly chlorine and taste and a little sediment. If you look up Camperland or other RV superstores there are lots of options at all kind of prices!

How about setting up a sticky or thread that folks can chime in with some substantial information and usage.... Fortunatly were about 6 weeks away from getting our new unit.. and that gives me lots of time to do my research...

So, how about it, anyone have any detailed information of the subject and hands on use.. Anyone try the Culligan filters?

Dave
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #2

Try this site: http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/

Lots of good information.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote