Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #1

Water leak on floor by refrigerator when raining and second broken window shade

I talked to Jayco rep Shan about a water leak by refrigerator when raining when the trailer is not level. He said he had heard of water coming through the side refrigerator vent and not the top refrigerator vent if unit is not level. This does not happen when the trailer is level or some what level and I check the roof often and have found no problems. I sealed the side refrigerator vent inside with a rubber seal on door to see if this will help and resealed the rear storage door to be on the safe side. No damage to unit because I have always been able to level trailer when needed. Shan said this was a good idea. Has anyone had this problem! It is parked and level now for winter and we have had rain and no problem with water leak in that area. I have pulled this unit in heavy rains and have had no problems with any leaks. My second window shade is about to break and he said since its out of warrenty they could not help. Jayco had replaced one. They sent the shade and I replaced it myself. I told him it seems they tighten the shades to tight and this causes the strings to break. I tighten the one I replaced just enought to work right and have had no problem since. He said he would make note of my comments. I told him I did not want to restring it. He said he would not either. He was very nice and to replace the size I need he thought would be around thirty dollars give or take. Happy Holidays!

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Extended Cab 4X4 5.3 V8
Six Speed with Tow Package
2011 Jayco 24FBS
Equalizer Hitch 10,000
apachepup24fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:20 AM   #2

I had a shade break after about a year. Upon checking the other closely I found another one about to break. It is a real PITA to restring one of these things. I saw no point in repairing something that, by design, would continue to fail. I replace ALL of the blinds with Levolor blinds. Problem solved.

My water leak at the refrigerator was from the water heater which is below the refrigerator. Water was coming in around the outside seal. I had to remove all the screws around the water heater mount, pull the water heater out about 2 inches, clean out the original sealant, put in a double strip of sealant, push it back in and re-screw it.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #3

Years ago, about 2 or 3 TTs back my parents had a water leak for years, and they could never track it down. Shortly before the sold it, they finally found the water leak. The water was entering through the tv antenna. The water would enter then run across the internals of the roof, and then drip on the other side of the trailer. It took years for dad to find that water leak. My point is don’t just look at the frig, the water maybe entering somewhere else and migrating through the TT before it exists onto your floor.

Best of luck,

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote