Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 AM   #1

Water Tank Valves

We just purchased a jayco 32BDSW. I understand there are a couple of valves I need to open before I hookup our city water from our campsite so water can go into the water tank before turning on the gas/electric to it. Were are these valves located. Thanks Craig

P.S we are first timer camper owners.
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:24 AM   #2

Water Tank Valves

Owners Manual? The valves would be next to the water heater IF you unit gas a bypass. The piping will be in the shape of an H with three valves. Close the valve in the center of the H, and open the other two on the legs of the H. Water will fill the water heater. If you are looking to fill your water storage, you will only fill it from the fill port on the outside of the coach.
Be sure to open the hot and cold faucets and run them until no air comes out of the faucets. Do one at a time, all hot, the one at a time, all cold, otherwise air in the water heater will burn up your electric element if not immersed when starting to heat the water heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #3

Thank you
Old 03-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #4

Some of the newer Jaycos when from a 3 valve system on the H to a 2 way valve. So rather than a ball valve where it goes into and out of the HW heater and one at the middle of the H there are just two valves where the H meets.

Older setups look like this with the 3 valves.

The newer setups are like this with just two valves.

Also a winterized HW heater should have the drain plug pulled. So open that cover on the outside and make sure to install that first as well as close the pressure relief valve as it may have been left open.

The flush out all the antifreeze before opening those bypass valves mentioned above or you will push a bunch of it into the HW Heater which you don't want to happen. Don't think it will hurt anything but then you would have to pull the plug again to drain it which is probably 6 gallons or so.

Also as mentioned you fill the FW tank from the FW port. It might be on the passenger side of the trailer where your access doors are. Normally FW tanks are in front of the axles but I don't know your model. There are some campers that fill through the city water port but that isn't normally found on travel trailers. Some 5th wheels do this from the water station through turning valves.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:50 AM   #5

Thank you
Old 03-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #6

If you have a 3 way valve system like the top picture. The picture is misleading. The middle connecting valve needs to be opposite of the other two top and bottom valves. Middle closed, other two open (normal operation). Or middle open and the other two closed (water heater bypass).
vboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #7

Thanks I read the same thing in the manual. This being our first camper just being extra careful.