Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2016, 11:38 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcloss View Post
The Blue OX Sway Pro does NOT make any noise. I've had many types of WDH and sway control over the last 30+ years, none were quiet except for the Blue Ox
Yep, no noise out my SwayPro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcloss View Post
and you will not get grease on your clothes from the Blue Ox when hooking/unhooking.
Well..for the most part....as long as you're carefull!

While you don't grease on the bar ends like you would with other systems. Grease does work out of the bar pivot heads. Also if you grease the ball, there's nothing different about the sway pro there.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_cincy View Post
Snip... Blue OX Sway Pro ...snip... While you don't grease on the bar ends like you would with other systems.Grease does work out of the bar pivot heads. Also if you grease the ball, there's nothing different about the sway pro there.
On my Equal-i-zer brand hitch, there is no grease on either end of the load bars; none required.

I haven't owned any other hitch so can't say about them.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
On my Equal-i-zer brand hitch, there is no grease on either end of the load bars; none required.
But you do grease the top & bottom plates where the arm sockets rub correct? as instructed in the manual (p. 23)
http://www.equalizerhitch.com/pdf/EQOwnersManual.pdf

So about the same as the sway pro...you just have to be careful the grease at the top & bottom of the arm sockets.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:44 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_cincy View Post
But you do grease the top & bottom plates where the arm sockets rub correct? as instructed in the manual (p. 23)
http://www.equalizerhitch.com/pdf/EQOwnersManual.pdf

So about the same as the sway pro...you just have to be careful the grease at the top & bottom of the arm sockets.
I just wanted to clarify to anyone that was looking at different hitches, that the load bars on my Equal-i-zer brand hitch have no grease on them at either end and none is required. Your post stated that you grease the ends of the load bars on other systems.

Yes, I do lube the sockets from time to time. So the hitch head has grease on the load bearing surfaces (top and bottom) of the hitch sockets; not the inside of the sockets nor on the socket left and right sides. So as long as I'm careful to avoid the grease on the hitch ball, I'm be grease free.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 04-12-2016, 08:10 PM   #45

Can someone show me in a diagram somehow where to grease my pro series? I put white lithium grease from a tube on the ball today. I also have it in spray form.
lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:27 PM   #46

I use a 12k equalizer with my 2500 Chevy trailer is 10k I think the system works well I had a 12k reese dual cam on a prior unit setup was tricky but once done it was a great system follow mfg. Instructions on lube I believe the equalizer has an optional Teflon cover to help with noise but I would think that would reduce the ability of the unit to reduce sway
Equalizer brand wd/sway hitch 12k
3 kids
3 dogs
1 outstanding wife :D
lnbski3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:28 PM   #47

Quote:

I haven't owned any other hitch so can't say about them.
Grease the pivot points on the knuckle, both top and bottom plates. I use axle grease, it's works nice. I also grease the ball.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:42 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenick1 View Post
Can someone show me in a diagram somehow where to grease my pro series? I put white lithium grease from a tube on the ball today. I also have it in spray form.
I believe you have a Blue OX Sway Pro. I don't have that kind of hitch so I'm going out onto a limb here.....

Looking at photos of the Blue OX Sway Pro online, it appears the sockets the load bars slide into (in the hitch head) have 'zerk' fittings. A 'grease gun' is used to force grease through the zerk fittings to lubricate the bearing/bushing etc.

Google 'zerk' and 'grease gun' for a better explanation of those.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:46 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnbski3 View Post
... I believe the equalizer has an optional Teflon cover to help with noise but I would think that would reduce the ability of the unit to reduce sway
I have those plates on mine and have not noticed a reduction in sway control. It did help with the noise though.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:12 PM   #50

Quote:
I believe you have a Blue OX Sway Pro. I don't have that kind of hitch so I'm going out onto a limb here.....

Looking at photos of the Blue OX Sway Pro online, it appears the sockets the load bars slide into (in the hitch head) have 'zerk' fittings. A 'grease gun' is used to force grease through the zerk fittings to lubricate the bearing/bushing etc.

Google 'zerk' and 'grease gun' for a better explanation of those.
I believe lukenick1 has a Reese Pro Series hitch based on photos in another thread.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote