Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #1

We pick up our Eagle tomorrow

Our trailer has been in for warranty work since May 28th. We have a camping date with our grown kids on the Oregon coast so we will pick up the trailer in the morning. They have only had it for 21 days and they have most issues fixed. We will take it for our trip and then return it to the dealer for the rest of the repairs. Each trip costs us right at $120. The low quality of this trailer is really wearing on us. When we take it back in July that will be the 5th time a dealer has had it for repairs. I sure hope the end is in sight, our old Montana wasn't nearly as trouble prone as this Eagle. The only good thing about it is that it is still under warranty.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #2

It's frustrating when you have to wait while they send a piece from the factory or they fail to fix the problem it went in for. I've run into that. I needed a new piece of tape on the slide out. Asked them to remove the origional. They didn't ,now both are bubbled. Having read other forums, the competition is not much better. We love our trailer but am concerned that the slide will fail every time we open it. Our jayco is miles ahead of our last trailer.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Our trailer has been in for warranty work since May 28th. We have a camping date with our grown kids on the Oregon coast so we will pick up the trailer in the morning. They have only had it for 21 days and they have most issues fixed. We will take it for our trip and then return it to the dealer for the rest of the repairs. Each trip costs us right at $120. The low quality of this trailer is really wearing on us. When we take it back in July that will be the 5th time a dealer has had it for repairs. I sure hope the end is in sight, our old Montana wasn't nearly as trouble prone as this Eagle. The only good thing about it is that it is still under warranty.
I hate to ask you why your 330 is back for repairs but my curosity kills me just to wonder what I might have to look foward to with my 330. My list so far,electric stabilizer jack,refridge,black water flush,loose incoming water supply fitting,microwave door rubs on cabinet,I hope thats it.
novaplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #4

I'm looking at buying an Eagle, I thought that was their premium product. Good luck.
WA State
AndrewClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #5

New Eagle owner (3 weeks)

For what it is worth, our Eagle 322FKS has only had 1 minor issue. The IR sensor in the Tv was defective. The dealer replaced the Tv for us and all is good. Besides that, it is great! Everything works exactly as it should.
J&P RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #6

We just bought a 2011 Eagle 330 RLTS and had some issues:

1) Black water tank spayer line had a malfunctioning check valve and leaked water all over the bath room when I used the sparyer.

2) On the left rear slide out; all four bolts were never tightend from the factory.

3) On both trips with the rig, the CO / LP alarm sounded in the middle of the night. Thinking it's a bum alarm and it is back with the manufacturer to test it.

To make it worse, we bought the unit 2nd hand from a dealer with no warranty and the dealer was not interested in fixing any of the issues. I contacted Jayco with no real help either. Our Eagle has been pretty frustrating so far.

The quality seems to be lacking all over these days; I don't think it's specific to Jayco but I certainly thought they had a higher standard. I'm not so sure now.
Jtrober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Site Team

Curiously that particular model (330 RLTS) does seem to have more issues then most, just going by what is posted on this forum. I know that member Bounder has had some issues with his as well.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #8

Well we once again have our trailer. The couch cushion was not repaired and still has a 3 in sagg on one cushion. The dealer was waiting for instructions from the couch people as to how to repair it. Apparently crooked and unlevel cabinets are not a problem according to Jayco. They will NOT fix them. Jayco told the dealer in Washington that we should return the trailer to the dealer we purchased it from to get the siding on the kitchen slide repaired. ( Like we are going to rent a motel for a few weeks while the most incompetent RV dealer in Arizona fixes the bubbles on the siding.) I really don't see that happening. The one cabinet they were going to repair, above our recliners, did not get the required piece of wood. The dealer's mechanic said he didn't want to tackle it because he wasn't comfortable doing cabinets. He doesn't want to mess it up.

On the positive side, they replaced the slide tape that was all bunched up. The screen door now closes and latches properly. The sliding door to the bedroom is repaired and the 1x4 trim piece now has more than one (1) staple holding it up. The trim by the door is also now firmly attached. Our trailer was at the dealership since May 28th. So it only took them 21 days to do 3 peices of slide tape, staple some trim down, fix the screen door latch, and fix the sliding door that bounced out of the track. I wish we had our Montana 5er and our money back. For the 18 months we have owned it we have had nothing but problems.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #9

Mike didnt know all that was wrong with your trailer. Last week found a strip of metal holding down the roof of a slide pulled out from the slide and everytime we open the slide this strip of metal would catch the seal and tear it. So took it to Worldwide last friday and while it is there had them do a 24 point inspection and repack the wheel bearings. Got called today and the gasket is going to be shipped out this thursday and worldwide should have by the first of next week. Everything else is done so when the gasket gets to them it won't take them long to get it fixed. Then it is up to me to make time to pick it up. Mike hope things will work out for you. later Ernie
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #10

Ernie, we bought it from World Wide. The large slides weren't working properly. They didn't close all the way and they didn't go out far enough to drop down and be level. One of their employees worked on it and determined they were as good as they were going to get. A shop in Idaho Falls had the slides working properly in less than two hours. The World Wide staff lied to me to make the sale. They will not touch it again. Good luck with World Wide.

MIke
Old 06-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Curiously that particular model (330 RLTS) does seem to have more issues then most, just going by what is posted on this forum. I know that member Bounder has had some issues with his as well.

Maybe all the issues that everybody has had with their 330rlts is why Jayco quit making that model?
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #12

[QUOTE=bounder;83540]Maybe all the issues that everybody has had with their 330rlts is why Jayco quit making that model?[/QU

Do ya think? LOL I am really sorry we didn't buy the Caliber we were looking at. My son bought one and is completely happy with it. He has had it for 10 months with no problems. I guess we coulda hada Heartland.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #13

Funny you should say that Mike. We owned a Heartland and it was agood trailer but the service was bad. About 6 months after the year warrenty ran out the screws were coming out of the slide and ripped the carpet. I had seen Heartland fix other peoples trailers out of warrenty by 5-6 years. I tried to get them to fix the problem and after about 2 weeks of BSing around I got told in no uncertain terms, out of warrenty so there is nothing we can do. Between the service and the screws we said enough is enough and got the Jayco. Still sorry that you are having so many problems. Ernie
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote