Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-03-2017, 02:27 PM   #41

Has anyone had a problem with the BBQ hose being too short? Mine is so I turned the BBQ around so the hose would not be stretched to capacity which caused a problem.
Sylvia47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:39 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia47 View Post
Has anyone had a problem with the BBQ hose being too short? Mine is so I turned the BBQ around so the hose would not be stretched to capacity which caused a problem.
See post # 34.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:52 AM   #43

Weber Q w factory quick connect?

I have a Coleman nxt 200 grill. I decided that it's easier to bring a 20# propane bottle and an adapter hose for the grill rather than remove the regulator and do the modifications. That way I can still use the little bottles if I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 Speed Manual
farnik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:34 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by farnik78 View Post
I have a Coleman nxt 200 grill. I decided that it's easier to bring a 20# propane bottle and an adapter hose for the grill rather than remove the regulator and do the modifications. That way I can still use the little bottles if I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apologies for taking this thread further off the Weber topic. But in response to the above, I've got a Coleman LXE and I have a regulator that I can screw on and use the small bottles when I need my grill farther than about 10 feet away from my trailer, or I can screw on my modified connector where I can use the quick connect to the low pressure gas line when I want to be closer to the trailer.. Best of both worlds.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:19 PM   #45

Make sure you get the right size quick connect... There are 1/4" (Mine on a 23RB), 3/8" and 1/2". You won't find 1/4" or 3/8" at home depot or lowe's.... I've spent the last day and a half trying to track down the proper hose configuration for my 23RB female quick connect to a new stainless steel table top grill...
Old 02-24-2017, 08:24 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deal Breaker View Post
Make sure you get the right size quick connect... There are 1/4" (Mine on a 23RB), 3/8" and 1/2". You won't find 1/4" or 3/8" at home depot or lowe's.... I've spent the last day and a half trying to track down the proper hose configuration for my 23RB female quick connect to a new stainless steel table top grill...
I bought mine online. Even my local farm and industrial supply store didn't have them, and from what I read using compressed air fittings is a huge no-no. So it has to be the proper brass fittings.

Of course, once I got everything all set up, I had to go into a nearby RV dealer for something else, and they had a bunch of the proper quick connect fittings for about the same price as I paid online. Doh!
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:03 AM   #47
Site Team

My local Jayco dealer carries all the correct QC connectors.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 02-24-2017, 10:43 AM   #48

Weber 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitFD View Post
Hey guys-
I have a Weber Q 200 and am wanting to use it w the oem connection under the camper. I read that the ca,per connection is already low pressure so the regulator on the Weber won't allow it to work?

Has anyone got a fix for this?

Thanks!
I have same grill and found out there are several utube video showing fix. My grill cooks hot no need to cook on anything but low.Happy Trails
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
I have same grill and found out there are several utube video showing fix. My grill cooks hot no need to cook on anything but low.Happy Trails
He posted in post#20, this thread on May 21/2015 that he got it resolved?
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 02-24-2017, 11:37 AM   #50

My two cents...

Our camper is just a little guy with only one 30 Lb tank attached to it. I carry a 20 lb tank in my truck and set it up next to the camper to fuel both my Weber Q and a two burner stove for outdoor cooking. This way I can use it as a backup if the 30 lb tank runs out.

To hook up to the stove and grill I use a tee and hoses from Walmart, all high pressure, the stove and grill stay intact with their own regulators.

I should note that more than once I've left the Weber Q running all day after using it to make toast for breakfast and then going out on the boat. It's nice to know I'm not wiping out my main tank when I do this. Perhaps someday I'll learn...
Old 02-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #51
Site Team

I did the mod on mine because....well it's a mod!

.....I seldom use the onboard lp for cooking rather prefer the 10lb tank and regulator combo with the qc connector.

I do have the hose but prefer to save it for a backup if I run low on the separate tank.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 02-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #52

I decided to use my grill with the small bottles of gas so I figure "why waste a good thing"? I rigged up a cable system from an old choke carburetor (remember those manual chokes) and added a spark plug wired to a 12v momentary switch at the gas quick connect outlet. It comes in handy as a flame thrower when someone follows to close behind while towing.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:20 PM   #53

EDIT: I just noticed this is a two year old question - so I may have previously contributed my two cents worth.

With every camp spot I've been on I've not wanted the grill up close to the 5th; meaning it would require a long propane line for us to trip on in the dark.

I simply purchased the Weber Q adapter line to run off a spare 20# tank. Now, in a pinch, I can use that to get me thru the night - if/when I was to run out of propane.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:30 PM   #54

Just kidding on the flame thrower post
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:26 PM   #55

Exactly what I did but my Q2200 barely has a flame when using the 12' hose.
I also fixed the original regulator with a QC fitting so I could use either. When using the small bottle and regulator connected it's fine. If I put the extension hose between the bottle and regulator and the Weber the flame is real small. Same if I tie into the camper, a very small flame.

The hose or the multiple fittings are restricting the flow I believe.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of 49° View Post
So here's what I did for our Q1000. First, remove the bracket holding the regulator, and the regulator itself:

...Revealing the 1/8" NPT male threaded fitting:

Next, buy some parts. From left to right: 1/4" NPT brass elbow (personal preference, a straight coupler works too!), 1/8" NPT to 1/4" NPT brass bushing, Camco #59903 brass quick-connect fitting, and Camco #57282 quick connect hose:

Put it all together. I couldn't find any yellow teflon tape, so I used the white stuff.

I turned it all on and tested for leaks. There were none so I fired up the grill, and it seems to be working okay. Like I said, use of the elbow is personal preference. A straight 1/4" coupler would work just fine too. The big expense was the hose, since the brass fittings were only a few bucks each. I hope this helps someone who might be wondering how to do this themselves. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:33 PM   #56

Just a quick note, as I had the same issur : try turning on propane very slowly w grill off and leaving it for a couple minutes. I got that tip from some since the hose needed pressure to build up in the hose before use. It’s works great after that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakerEasy View Post
Exactly what I did but my Q2200 barely has a flame when using the 12' hose.
I also fixed the original regulator with a QC fitting so I could use either. When using the small bottle and regulator connected it's fine. If I put the extension hose between the bottle and regulator and the Weber the flame is real small. Same if I tie into the camper, a very small flame.

The hose or the multiple fittings are restricting the flow I believe.

Richard
DetroitFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:00 AM   #57

That quick disconnect is cool, we do not have that!So the 6' hose is never unhooked from the grill.Kinda annoying when storing. Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #58

Yes

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:43 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack in Alaska View Post
My Bungalow has the bracket to attach the RV Q to it but.............the RV sales man said why would you want to attach a box of fire to your RV?? Makes sense to me. They are handy for sure but potentially dangerous.
I have the same set up and stopped using it attached to the tt.doesnt make a lot of sense.i replaced the rvq because it was light gauge junk steel.and my bracket is under the awning which may seem convenient but the smoke and residue from cooking under the awning not to mention directly under the main window on that side is nor well thought out.
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:46 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawley View Post
At the risk of showing how little I know about propane connections, if I removed the regulator from the grill and ran the quick connect straight from the camper to the grill, how would I adjust the flame?
Just try it and see
trento is offline   Reply With Quote