Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #61

We pull ours with a 2015 Silverado 2500 6.0 CC long bed using an Andersen WDH. Love the setup. It's a smooth riding setup with no sway and no bounce. We upgraded to the 32 BHDS from a 26BH after one very long, very raining week with 3 grandkids. Never looked back.
Poptotrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:06 PM   #62

There are a lot of miracle 1/2 ton trucks in here. All I can say is I’ve been down the Tundra CrewMax 5.7, 10,400 lb road. Once I towed in Colorado, up/down passes at 8,000 ft., then down grades like salt river canyon I learned a 1/2 ton is a 1/2 ton. Towing the trailer this thread started with on a 1/2 ton platform is not realistic long term unless you live in Nebraska. A trailer like that needs to be under a 3/4 ton diesel platform.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:18 AM   #63

We are towing with a 2018 Ram Megacab/shortbed and the 6.4 gasser. Book values are about 12k towing and 3K payload. We also have the Equalizer 4 point hitch.

Hitting the scales is on the to do list soon - while I feel like I'm comfortably under the numbers, the unit and this floorplan would be easy to make tongue heavy, with the bulk of the storage in the front. We also replaced the factory torture device (mattress) with a standard mattress from Costco, which is significantly heavier.

It has been a great towing experience so far, although the grades are limited here in Northern Indiana. The 6.4 is thirsty, but it's a daily driver and I couldn't justify the added expense of the diesel.

Fully loaded and needing to stop in a hurry or during an accident avoidance maneuver, I'm not sure I would feel comfortable in a non-HD truck and its breaking and handling abilities while loaded down, regardless of your preference of brand. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190525_104407.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	50221
LawnFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote