Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #31
Originally Posted by SylviaW View Post
Desert RVers, what were your problems with hitching and unhitching, and what suggestions do you have for me? Thanks!
Sorry for the long delay SylviaW, I'm still figuring out this forum stuff. Didn't see your question until now.
For us it just seemed real difficult to un-hitch. Hitching not as bad, but at times a pain. We put some spray-on lithium grease on the ball and the hitch latch (not sure what to call it, the part that pops up to hook up and un-hook). We some times have to rock the TV or move it a bit forward or back to get unhitched. Other times, just jumping on the TV bumper will help. On our long trip last summer it seemed to get better with usage. We'll see how it is in a few days as we head out again for the Pacific Northwest.

Henk the German Shepherd & Family
2006 Toyota Sequoia
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #32
A few thoughts

Get a winterizing by-pass valve. Have one installed or install yourself. I have no idea why they aren't always standard. On our first trailer (a 19.6 foot KZ), it was not standard, and my husband installed it.

Paper plates. Forget the environment a little while you're camping (ironic, I know). I stocked our trailer with plastic plates and glasses, etc. and we mostly use paper to not have to deal with water (especially without full hookups). I really like the Pop-A-Plate for storing bowls under the cabinet.

Invest right away in the air-tight connections for the sewer and get an extension to the one you get. In the midwest, I find that nobody cares really, but as I travel around the country, some places insist on a screwed connection. And sometimes the connections are ridiculously far away! Same goes for the water. We have 2 bins for water hoses. One for the regular one and one that can be added when the connection is far away.

Invest also in a 30 to 15 amp adaptor for the times you will only have 15 amp service (like at home in your driveway).

Get a bin you can easily store dirty laundry in in the shower and easily remove to shower. It's a PITA otherwise! We actually use our tv cabinet opening in our 2008 26bhs for a laundry bin because we don't have a tv (and don't want one), but in our little trailer the laundry only fit in the shower so we had to move it often.

Get a large rug/mat for outside the door. It's amazing how much dirt it keeps out.

Get a small broom to store somewhere (in the bathroom like ours?).

Get a pack of Wet Ones and store them where you have your hookup stuff. Great to use after emptying the sewer and not having a place to wash your hands.

Have fun and congrats on the new trailer!!!!!!!!

Denise55129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:12 PM   #33
Winterizing bypass

My 145rb came with the winterizing bypass standard, but then it gets cold here in winter. Not sure about where you are, but you probably have one, too.

2006 Chevy Colorado Z71 with 2015 JayFlight SLX 145RB
Homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote

accessories, plumbing, propane tank, tools