Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #11
Just to be clear, as others have said the dealer may provide a cheap sewer hose which you should replace with a higher quality product. But you'll need fittings for each end, to hook to your sewer outlet on the camper and to fit into the park's sewer. Here's what they look like. http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39543-Tw...sewer+fittings

Keep your black water valve closed so solids don't have a chance to dry up and cause problems. On a short trip you might leave your grey closed also so you'll have water to flush the hose after you dump the black.

You might want a 15 Amp Male Plug To 30 Amp RV Female Connector RV Adapter in case you want power at home.

If you go to a commercial campground like KOA or a Good Sams you may want to take coax if they have cable TV.

Lots of the stuff that has been suggested can be purchased at Walmart for quite a bit less than most dealers are going to charge you. Most of it is made by the same few manufacturers.

You'll find that your fellow campers will be glad to loan you stuff in an emergency, along with plenty of advice. Happy camping!

cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #12
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
One thing to verify is that the battery is included in the deal. Some dealers charge extra for the 12v battery.
Also most will fill the propane as part of the deal.
My dealer didn't include a battery. My question to him was then the trailer is not road worthy as you said it would be. In Illinois, you MUST have safety brakes which are activated on the breakaway switch, but you NEED the battery to do so. they finally put one in.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #13
My 32rlds came with a interstate battery and a really nice 50 amp cord and 30 amp adaptor. My camper also came with a small care package that included a water and sewer hose, pressure regulator, toilet paper, and other various samples. Supposedly my dealer threw in the a 14k equalizer hitch and break controller installed "at no additional cost". I replaced the hoses first trip out and bought a surge protector as well. $1000 dollars later we have the camper about were we just show up with the coolers and clothes and head to vacation.
2014 Jay Flight 32RLDS
2002 F250 with 7.3 L PowerStroke
MarkeMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #14
As others have noted, a sewer hose and a fresh water hose of some sort is pretty much required. You may get a "starter kit" from the dealer with inexpensive versions of those required items. Be proactive and ASK what comes with the trailer as part of your deal.

Use those starter items, go camping and form some opinions on what you would best use for the camping you do. Maybe a 5 foot water hose is all you ever need. Maybe you need 50' every time! WalMart is a great place to get moderate cost RV items in a location that may be close to your home.

On the sewer side, I want to point out that there is, for many campers, a better sewer hose arangement, called "the Sewer Solution". It does not look like the 3" stinkey slinky most use, for a very good reason. Here is a short YT video on it:

I used one for 15 years with three different trailers, sold it with my last trailer and bought a new one for use with my current unit. They are now made by Valterra and make a simple, easy to use, clean and tidy way to dump your tanks. The system is easy to store and by using lengths of 1" PVC pipe (that you can store in your bumper) you can pump your waste (it does not use gravity) up to 60 feet away from your sewer outlet. Try that with the stinkey slinky! Have a look and see what you think.

2013 Starcraft 266RKS
1999 Ford E350 V10 Chateau (6.8L, 4.11 LS)
2005 Cedar Creek 31LBHS
2001 Sprinter 303BHS
1997 Mallard 33Z
1990 Starcraft Starmaster
Bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote