Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2015, 07:40 PM   #21

I have had a Honda 2000 since 06 works great can run everything but AC am going to buy a 2nd one that way if I need it I can run everything maybe just not at the same time.

Jayflight 2014 RLDS
2012 Ford F250 6.7 4x4
Idahoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:18 PM   #22

I use 2 -2000W Smarter Tools gens at about $600 each from Costco. They have the Yamaha engine and are very quiet. Think I saved about $800+ over buying 2 Hondas. I'm one happy camper.
Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #23

If you buy two Honda 2000i generators, made sure the parallel cable kit has the 30amp RV adapter. There are two kits, one with the adapter and one without. Anyway, the 30amp outlet on the generator will not allow you to plug an RV 30amp male plug directly into it. You need the adapter.

2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71 4x4 Duramax
1985 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:18 AM   #24

We have the Champion 3100 inverter. After a initial problem (easily fixed) with a carburetor we've had great success with ours. It has economy and regular mode. In economy it automatically idles down when the demand is low and throttles up as demand increases. It is quiet. We ran ours within three feet of the kitchen wall outside our trailer and it was barely noticeable. People can carry on conversation without problem in near proximity to it. I was skeptical before we made the purchase but decided to give it a try because of the price savings. I have regretted the decision. Also, the one time I had to deal with champion customer service was a 5 star experience. I actually got an English speaking, U.S. based, knowledgeable person in the first try who immediately dealt with the issue without any hassles.
PNWDriver is offline   Reply With Quote