Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #1

What should I ask for my '12 26BH?

Looking for a little help is what to ask for my '12 JayFlight 26BH. I'm aware it's worth what someone will pay, but I don't want to set the asking price out of the relm of reality.

Our 26BH is in awesome, like new condition. I am religious about taking care of it; washing/waxing, cleaning and inspecting roof, seals, tires, etc.

The trailer has...
13.5 AC
Elite Package = larger fridge, elec awning, elec tongue jack, upgraded wheels, upgraded mattress
Technology Package = 27" RCA Flat Pannel TV, typical Jensen AM/FM/CD/DVD system with inside and out speakers.

I have replaced bath vent fan with vortex high CFM fan,
MaxAir Vent Covers, converted to LED lighting, professionally welded frame to frame mounted 2" receiver for bike/cargo carrier on rear frame, black tank flusher and a few other items.

What do the smart folks around here think I should be asking and willing to accept? I looked at NADA, personally it seems high -- i wouldnt pay there numbers. We want to upgrade but by no means do we have too.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #2

If it helps. Just got. 13 26bh new for 12,900 plus tax. That included fright. Etc.
Ecfeick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecfeick View Post
If it helps. Just got. 13 26bh new for 12,900 plus tax. That included fright. Etc.
Thats interesting and sounds like a great price -- much better that I did in Fall 2011!

Curious for comparison purposes is it JayFlight 26BH or JayFlight Swift 264BH? Can you elorbate on what if any option packages you have? I know you had to get the "cutomer value package" but did you get any other? Thermal Package? Elite Package? Technology Package?

If my unit is selling currently for 12,900 new, we won't be selling and holding it for a while longer.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #4

2013 26bh.

No thermal package.

Power awning.

Single over double bunk.

Value package. Skylight etc.

Manual jack.

Awning the only big feature.

Batt and spare wernt included in that price.

Keep in mind this place for some reason was way cheaper than everyone. They don't haggle. Period. They advertise great prices and stick to it no bs. He said they make
More on the accessories. For example I paid 800 for full wdh with sway (reunion style). 200 for a 75 dollar brake controller. Worth it for a good price and them installing and tuning in everything. They will also rework the tow head if I get a new car.
Ecfeick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #5

Thank you very much -- Still sounds like you got a good deal, for my sake I hope that dealer is 1000s of miles from California :-)

Very interested to hear what others think.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #6

If you put your year and model # in to google there is a page that does a search and list all the ones for sale on the net in the last 2 months or so.
I can't remember the name of the site but it helped me decide what was a good price on the rig I just bought
1 wife
2 spoiled cihuahua's
rugerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:24 AM   #7

I would price it at a percentage of what a new one could be purchased for. I bought my 26BH last summer, a 2017, for 18k out the door (with tax and hitch). I have similar packages as your's minus the upgraded wheels.

Regarding the equipment you've added, I think those will help it sell faster, but like chrome bits added to a Harley, I don't think they add much to the selling price.

As I pondered new vs. old, I ended up buying new because it would have all new appliances, etc., and be covered by a two year warranty....and have brand new tires. A 26BH is a relatively inexpensive trailer so there was only a few grand difference between a nice used one and a brand new model.

Also, there weren't many used ones available when I was looking, and they appeared to be over-priced. Actually, some of them were priced the same as new trailers.

So....18k times let's say, 70 percent is: 12k
I would see that as about the right neighborhood. Maybe start at 12.8k, or whatever sales strategy works for you. Here in Michigan where we have a 6 percent sales tax, 12.5 k becomes 13.25.

Or, start at 80 percent and see what happens. There's nothing wrong with lowering the price if it doesn't sell as soon as you'd like.

As you probably know, a typical price for a new trailer will be MSRP times 30 percent, plus a hitch. Or, you could check with one of the online sellers that sell at a fixed, discounted price to arrive at a new, out the door price.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote