Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2017, 10:14 PM   #1

Whats the best way to check out a dealers reputation?

Looking to order a new 2018 34 RSBS,
OK, I have two Jayco dealers in my area, about the same distance away.
they are not Mega dealers, but mid size family owned dealers. Both fairly long time Jayco dealers. I've visited both, seem fine.
Is there a way to research them to see if they are highly reputable as far as service, warranty work?
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:25 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I looked at BBB rating and complaints
Yelp
Attorney Generals Office for any complaints

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:23 AM   #3
Site Team

If they are that close, I would go over there and just spend some time wandering around and looking. See how the staff greets others and just look around the showroom and peek in the shop and see whats going on. After all that's how the experts recommend investing and that is what you are really doing, investing your time money and trust that they are dependable.

Also check BBB and other local business rating agencies.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:03 AM   #4

Post the dealers here and maybe someone brought from them and will give you some advice.
Hama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #5

I would do like norty1 says. See which one has the better sales people. JMO but the ones with the sales people that push you or lie to you are usually a mirror of the dealer. Service may be the same.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #6

Dealer Reputation

Price we paid for the camper!Didn't really care about reputation.After 12 years and two new campers.There all pretty much the same,lousy!
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #7

I would also recommend you ask to chat with one of the owners, 1-on-1. Frame it as a "getting to know you" chat. After all, you are not only buying an RV, but buying into a long term business relationship for service, etc. Find out how long they have been around, how they built the business, what they see are their biggest challenges, how long staff has been around, ask how you can be a "good" customer to work with, etc. You can learn an awful lot about how oriented to you, the customer, they will tend to be in the future.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Price we paid for the camper!Didn't really care about reputation.After 12 years and two new campers.There all pretty much the same,lousy!
Thats fine for guys that do mostly their own maintenance. Many on here take their RV's in to be serviced. A good service department would help in the latter situation.
Agree on the price issue. Bought ours 300 miles away. Never been back.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:57 PM   #9

I tend to like Google Reviews. Just look them up in Google Maps and you can find the reviews people have left. Keep in mind there may be a lot of complaining because people are more willing to slam someone in a review than praise them. However they have an opportunity to reply and if a dealer is reaching out to people even through a public forum like that, it shows a little about the fact that they are trying.

Another thing to check on is what their service back log is. Not always a perfect sign but if they are constantly months behind, it will be something you might face trying to get warranty work done. They might tell you the backlog if you call.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
I would do like norty1 says. See which one has the better sales people. JMO but the ones with the sales people that push you or lie to you are usually a mirror of the dealer. Service may be the same.
I would say to heck with the sales people, they'll be nice to get your money and get you out the door. Find the nice service people they are the ones you'll be dealing with for years! lol.

But seriously we have recently purchased an SUV, nicest sales department I have ever dealt with. Service is a nightmare, I won't even take it back for the free oil changes, it's much easier to pay the $100.
jcoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:29 PM   #11

Thanks everyone
Old 07-05-2017, 02:46 PM   #12

Google reviews are going to be the best source. You can't fake them, and consumers have no problem putting good or bad on google reviews.
RVStealsAndDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:05 PM   #13

Just googled both. Both have good reviews. That's a good thing.