Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #1

Wheel Ratings

I'm hoping someone that has their camper close by can help.

I need to replace the tires this summer, and I'm wanting to go with the Maxxis M008 "E" rated tire. This tire carries a max air pressure of 85psi.

My question is, does anyone know what the psi rating is on my wheels? The camper is a 2012 Jayflight 32BHDS with the aluminum wheels. I would look on wheels, but camper is not near and I would like to go ahead and get ordered.
'13 Suntracker PB 22
Da Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:22 AM   #2

Rims

I just replaced my tires with "E" rated Carlisle. My Alum. Rims on my 2011 are rated @ 80lbs stamped on the inside of the rim. I currently have 70 lbs in these tires, (suggested by tire dealer) The max rating on the tires states 85#, but that is max load. My Eagle 322FKS weights close to 9,000lbs loaded. You should be OK, I still had to buy CHINA tires, nothing in the 15inch made in the USA, wrote a letter to GOODYEAR, but got a lame response, said 16" are made in the USA. I also contacted JAYCO about the CHINA tires, was told Jayco has informed DEXTER Axle many times about the tires issues, but USA tires not available. Shame on the tire MFG's

Best of luck with your tires and Happy Camping

Buckeyejim
Columbus OHIO
buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyejim View Post
I just replaced my tires with "E" rated Carlisle. My Alum. Rims on my 2011 are rated @ 80lbs stamped on the inside of the rim. I currently have 70 lbs in these tires, (suggested by tire dealer) The max rating on the tires states 85#, but that is max load. My Eagle 322FKS weights close to 9,000lbs loaded. You should be OK, I still had to buy CHINA tires, nothing in the 15inch made in the USA, wrote a letter to GOODYEAR, but got a lame response, said 16" are made in the USA. I also contacted JAYCO about the CHINA tires, was told Jayco has informed DEXTER Axle many times about the tires issues, but USA tires not available. Shame on the tire MFG's

Buckeyejim
Columbus OHIO

Thanks for your response. Maxxis makes a great trailer tire, and I've had good luck in the past with them. Actually, the only trailer tire I ever had issue with was Carlisle's.
Da Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #4

I contacted Jayco by email about the wheel rating on my 2011 31.5 RLTS. They responded back that going to E rated tires was not an issue. Just upgraded to 16 in. E rated Goodyear Marathons. 16 in Marathons are made in China.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyejim View Post

Buckeyejim
Columbus OHIO
The issue is not that they are made in China. The people that manage and control the manufacturing process is what is makes the difference. The high volume, low price makers are the ones I'm leery of.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote