Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2016, 05:20 PM   #1

where is it?

Greetings everyone. New member here. Purchased our new jayco 23mds at the Pomona RV show in October. Still waiting for delivery. Evidently the factory has had an incredible increase in orders and our delivery was delayed more than 2 months. Anyone else order one in October. Did you get yours yet?
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #2

Congratulations on your purchase (hopefully the factory will catch up soon!) and welcome to the JOF.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to JOF.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #4

You burst my bubble. We ordered 1 in late Dec. and was hoping for a early March delivery. We'll see. Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #5

I placed an order November 9th. It arrived at the dealership on January 22nd.
10.5 weeks.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:56 AM   #6

Wow, I know the factory does runs by model.. Either I just missed the run for my particular model, or the dealer was way late in submitting my order.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Wow, I know the factory does runs by model.. Either I just missed the run for my particular model, or the dealer was way late in submitting my order.
Your dealer should be able to provide an estimated 'off the line' date.
I contacted Jayco and confirmed my OTL date of January 8th. The customer name is associated with the order. So Jayco should have your name for the order.

It was delayed about a week. (long story) They released it on 1/15 and it arrived a week later on 1/22.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:38 PM   #8

Just for the record I emailed Jayco last week and they sent me a nice little note back that informed me that I have to go through the dealer for all that information. Of course after contacting the dealer which was Richardson's RV in Southern California only information they could give me was its either been shipped or getting ready to get shipped. And, gee no one has contacted you with that information?
Old 02-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #9

Welcome aboard and hopefully the dealer will get you a delivery date soon
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:08 PM   #10

Now I don't feel so bad! We ordered our first RV ever...a 2016 Eagle 321RSTS FW on January 15 and I was starting to worry since we hadn't heard a thing since. Guess We've got a while to wait!
Mindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #11

Steve M, I feel for you. We ordered ours from the same dealer in January of 2015. They told us it would take 8-10 weeks. We finally took delivery in late May. For us, I believe the salesman and or the dealer dropped the ball and didn't order the unit in a timely manner. They never once contacted with a status update or approximate delivery date. I called several times and received no straight answers. After 3 months, we sent a letter to cancel the deal. The dealer finance manager called and told us it would be in within a couple weeks. We decided to go ahead and take the trailer when it came in because we had already planned and made reservations for a 9 week trip that was supposed to start on May 31st. We didn't want to have to scramble to find another that had all the options on it. But, since the delivery, we have had no real issues, just some minor warranty repairs. Would we go through the same dealer again? Possibly, if we got a deal we couldn't pass up, but more than likely not.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #12

where is it?

Quote:
Just for the record I emailed Jayco last week and they sent me a nice little note back that informed me that I have to go through the dealer for all that information. Of course after contacting the dealer which was Richardson's RV in Southern California only information they could give me was its either been shipped or getting ready to get shipped. And, gee no one has contacted you with that information?

So it sounds like it's been built and is on its way. That's great! It's a crazy waiting period. The transport time from Indiana to Massachusetts was one week once a driver was assigned. Perhaps someone can comment on the typical delivery time to California.

Prior to ordering mine, I called Jayco and they put me in touch with their Northeast sales manager regarding some dimensional questions I had on the model I was interested in. He emailed me some specs. When I wanted to verify my 'off the line' date, I emailed him (replying to his original email) and he was able to look it up and confirm.

Your dealer could have communicated the process a bit better IMO. The salesperson should be on top of all their customer orders and should be communicating the info.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:51 AM   #13

Don't worry, you're not alone. We also placed an order for our 28BHBE at the Pomona RV show in Oct. We were told delivery would be Dec 21st until it was pushed back until next week due to high demand. We're looking at 18 weeks for delivery time. If you don't hear back from someone at Richardsons, I have the GM's contact who has been updating me on the build status.
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:20 AM   #14

Quote:
I used the same dealer and they do not communicate. I finally contacted Jayco directly and they told me when the unit was handed over to the transport company and suggested it could be another 10-14 days due to lack of drivers. From time of order to delivery I was at 14 weeks.

Keep in mind when the unit does arrive at their facility, it delivers to Menifee for check in then moved to the selling location for PDI. (Menifee is where mine was lost for over 10 days before sending to Riverside)
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:28 AM   #15

Wanderer, when did you order your unit? I ordered from Menifee the end of Dec. and was told 8-10 weeks. That time frame looks to be bogus from what I'm reading.

Any issues with your TT? With this backlog of orders and the push to get them built, I hope the quality doesn't suffer in the process.

Wireman
Old 02-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindman View Post
Now I don't feel so bad! We ordered our first RV ever...a 2016 Eagle 321RSTS FW on January 15 and I was starting to worry since we hadn't heard a thing since. Guess We've got a while to wait!
Congratulations on the new Eagle and welcome to the JOF.

Waiting is a pain. Ordered our first new trailer in Dec (2014) and picked it up in Mar. I picked it up in Middlebury and part of that wait was at my request to avoid nasty weather.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #17

[QUOTE=Wireman;376387]Wanderer, when did you order your unit? I ordered from Menifee the end of Dec. and was told 8-10 weeks. That time frame looks to be bogus from what I'm reading.

Any issues with your TT? With this backlog of orders and the push to get them built, I hope the quality doesn't suffer in the process.

Wireman, I ordered early August, (was also told 8-10 weeks) didn't put my hands on it until 1 week before Thanksgiving. First PDI I didn't take delivery as the trailer brakes were not working. Went back a week later with appointment being told was fixed, was not. I found a severed ground wire where they installed the WD hitch bracket on the tongue and destroyed the wire. Once fixed, good to go.

I've only had 1 trip out so far for 5 days

Problems so far:
Black tank valve is seeping
Leak under kitchen sink
Murphy bed out of alignment, rubs/scraping when opening or closing
I cannot get the hot water heater to fire on electric, propane only (not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's faulty)
Overflow tube drained 1/3 of my fresh water during travel (I've already fixed that and is known issue)
Cloth under sofa is popping staples off rapidly (minimally used by adults only)
Couple of areas on floor under flooring are bumps that I'm assuming could be wood pieces or screws not fully installed and they installed flooring anyway.

Side note: I had them add a second battery and main shut off switch before I did first PDI. I was expecting Group 27 batteries and received Group 24. Owners manual said they should be 27, so I called Jayco and they said either is fine and it's the dealer discretion.

I do like the trailer, floor plan finishes for my needs. Hoping no more issues crop up and hoping to find a good time to take in for the warranty repair. Black tank valve leaking is no fun and makes me wonder if the leakage is staying within the plumbing system OR is anything making into the enclosed underbelly. Not seen evidence but I do wonder.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:09 AM   #18

Wanderer, your leaking valve could just be some debris from the building process getting stuck in the seal. During the PDI walk through you can't catch everything. I guess that's what warranty's are for.

Did they keep you informed on how your order was progressing or did you have to bug them for info?
I'm going to call them today to see if they can give me at least a time line on when I am scheduled for the build. Wireman
Old 02-12-2016, 08:26 AM   #19

I just talked with Jayco manufacturing yesterday they said the trailer was offline in January and should be sitting on the dealer's lot. But a call to the dealer was fruitless. According to them they checked and its not on there lot and their story is that it could take weeks because of the transport company. You say you also bought from Richardson's? Let me ask you a question I have to install a pro pride hitch myself is the Menifee dealership the best place to take delivery or should I arrange to pick the trailer up at one of their other sites
Old 02-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #20

SteveM, if your asking me, I live within 15 miles of the Menifee lot. It is their main repair facility. Riverside would be closer for you, about 30 miles, but I would go to Menifee.

I bought a Centerline TS WDH thru them and I'm having them do the initial hitch setup when I take delivery. This is my 1st TT after having class A's for 20 years. Hopefully they have their stuff together setting everything up. They should know a lot more than me when it comes to WDH's.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Wireman