Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #11

I have had old ceramic floor tiles in my RV oven for 10 years. They never cracked and help even out the temperature. Use the pizza stone for the actual pizza!

Craiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #12

We found that the stones will wear off heat resistant paint if you leave them in while traveling.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:59 AM   #13

I bought a pizza stone because I'd also heard it would even out the heat. I put it directly on the metal shelf above the flame and it broke in half while preheating the oven the second time I used it. Made quite a loud POP!

I still use the two halves in the oven, and it does seem to even out the heat.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #14

I'm sorry to go off topic but I'm a first time jayco user and I'm trying to get the oven to start on a 32 bhds 2013 jay flight and I'm holding the pilot/lite and lighting the little torch on the bottom but how long do I have to hold it for the furnace to start heating up
Weld on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weld on View Post
I'm sorry to go off topic but I'm a first time jayco user and I'm trying to get the oven to start on a 32 bhds 2013 jay flight and I'm holding the pilot/lite and lighting the little torch on the bottom but how long do I have to hold it for the furnace to start heating up
Mine takes awhile. I have to hold the pilot button down for at least a minute before I even attempt to light. I have found that it goes faster if you light the stove top and then try to light the oven.

Dan
'16 Ram 3500 MC CTD Dually, 4:10 rear
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD (gone)
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377BHRL (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:15 PM   #16

Thanks Dan,
The travel trailer has been parked for months so I'm thinking it might take a little longer??
Weld on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I put a floor tile in mine, but haven't tried it yet. I just happened to have one I couldn't ever use, so I figured I'd try it. I've always read that you should put it directly on the metal flame deflector (as opposed to on the rack itself), but don't cover up the holes on each side.

Interesting idea with the sheet pan, I might try that if the tile doesn't work out.
X2 Bob.

I use a outdoor flower pot base like you would buy at Lowes or Home Depot. I turn it upside down in the middle of he metal flame deflector and it cost less than $5.00 vs a pizza stone. It is round vs rectangular, but works well. For travel I leave it in the oven, but wrap it in a kitchen towel.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:02 AM   #18

We've got one and it surely aids possibly the particular temporary available from the the oven! On the other hand, remember to take it out while in traveling... We realized the particular challenging approach! This damaged by two while in your return excursion residence and were required to purchase another one.
robles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weld on View Post
I always light a burner when we pull in, and so I know I have gas to the stove unit. As to light it, it takes a moment to get the gas to the pilot. Make sure you have your fire stick aimed at the correct area. My DW struggles to light the pilot, because she just puts the fire stick in the back of the oven without looking and thinks it will magically light. If she reads this I might needs some
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #20

Holy Moley!! I feel like a genius! My pizza stone never worked well, and the biscuits still burned.
This weekend I used the top of a dutch oven, turned up side down to cook the biscuits on.
Hurrah! They were as done on the top as the bottom and cooked all the way through.
Another reason to love a dutch oven!

2012 Toyota Tacoma, V6 + towing package
I.plod is offline   Reply With Quote