Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #1

Where to put clothes in Whitehawk ?

Hi White Hawkers. A question for you 27dsrl owners. Where do you store or hang all your clothes?

We are on our first 4 day trip and having a good time. We are planning a 3 month trip this winter. So, trying to figure out where to put the clothes we will take.

We are using the storage on each side of the bed.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

Steve.
Bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #2

Our JayFlight 27RLS floorplan is nearly the same as yours. We fold virtaully ALL our clothes and put them in baskets kept in the 'linen' closet and some overhead in the bedroom. We have just a few items (4-6) that hang on the rod in the wardrobe on my side of the bed.

Hope that helps.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:22 PM   #3

We put folded clothes in the cabinets above the bed. We hang and put folded clothes in the cabinets beside the bed. Shoes in the pull out drawers underneath the bed. Since there are only 2 of us, the bathroom storage cabinets could take the overflow as well as the storage area underneath the bed.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:39 AM   #4

And your predicament is what ruled out a lot of floor plans for us. We absolutely wanted a third wardrobe. The 21QB with the "rear living" appealed to us, but ultimately it got ruled out due to the lack of a 3rd wardrobe/closet. I chose the 23RB because it had the 3rd wardrobe/closet.

We needed it because in the late fall, read November especially, the weather can be pretty cold at football games. We needed space for larger bulkier coats, etc. Also, we plan on going to Yellowstone next spring/summer. The weather will vary a great deal up in the high mountains. Some days may require coats and long sleeves, while other days short sleeves and shorts. Need to pack more clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdomino View Post
Hi White Hawkers. A question for you 27dsrl owners. Where do you store or hang all your clothes?

We are on our first 4 day trip and having a good time. We are planning a 3 month trip this winter. So, trying to figure out where to put the clothes we will take.

Thanks.

Steve.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:19 AM   #5

Quote:

Thanks.

Steve.
Same TT.
We use a hanging bar in the back of our F250 Lariat TV and hang the few that won't fit in the wardrobes by the bed in the back of the TV. The back of the F250 is big enough that if it had a shower and toilet I'd sell the TT. Just DW and me so only the really long hanging items in the TV and not too many of them. All others are folded and above the bed or in linen closet in bathroom.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #6

Quote:

Thanks.

Steve.
First let me say there are just 2 of us so the space in our 2014 WH 30DSRE is more than adequate. Lots of overheads in the main salon and with the bedroom side closetat s and overhead bins, we make it work. Also use totes under the bed for bulky stuff, boots, bedding. We never fail to get half way into a trip to realize that we didn't need half of what we packed. Camping or just traveling [currently in the San Jaun Islands with our son's family] a good amount of the stuff in the suitcase never gets out of the suitcase. Live and dress casual and you can pick up what you forgot when you realize you need it. That keeps you from climbing over the stuff you brought but didn't need.

Love our WH.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:33 PM   #7

I bought inexpensive shelves meant for stacking canned goods in a kitchen pantry, interlocked them (they're designed for this), and they fit perfectly lengthwise in my side bed cabinet. We use these as shelves for our folded clothes (I was tired of digging through small tubs). Or few hanging clothes go in the other bedside cabinet, adds well as the small tubs for our socks, underwear, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Have dogs will travel is offline   Reply With Quote