Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2017, 05:48 PM   #1

White Hawk 24 MBH 2018 Floor Plan Change

Hi Folks

I'm new here but I thought I would give you guys a heads up for anyone looking to get a White Hawk 24MBH the Floor Plans are changing a bit in 2018.

They dropped the outside door, took half the dinette for a big tv? and changed the bath tub to a shower. Our dealer says they were surprised by the number of changes and no change in model number. We got lucky and found a 2017 but we were very close to having to go back on the hunt for a floor plan we wanted.

2017:

2018:
Wanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:52 PM   #2

The majority of their changes come from dealer input and what people are asking for.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:07 PM   #3

Personally, I like the 2018 floor plan better. Never been a fan of the huge U shaped dinettes. I feel they take up too much space when so much of your eating is outside anyhow.

I also note there is a door directly into the bathroom on the 2018 model. Nice to go into for a quick clean up and not have to walk through the trailer, I suppose.
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcamom View Post
Personally, I like the 2018 floor plan better. Never been a fan of the huge U shaped dinettes. I feel they take up too much space when so much of your eating is outside anyhow.

I also note there is a door directly into the bathroom on the 2018 model. Nice to go
into for a quick clean up and not have to walk through the trailer, I suppose.
Don't think bolded is correct. There are some pictures up on rvtrader if you want to take a look. They also don't have outside access to under dinette storage because of the l dinette. It appears they wanted the hard showers to be standard on WH and the l dinette was the only fit with the slide. The 2018's have a serious lack of storage .
dksmith17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:39 PM   #5

It does look like they have the front window option( with Murphy bed down obviously).
Old 06-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #6

We just got a 2018 23MRB and it has quite a similar layout. For those curious, here is how the new TV layout looks. Ours doesn't have the front windshield. Our 2018 28RL Has the Front Windshield.
Attached Thumbnails
White hawk 23MRB Living.jpg   White hawk 23MRB dinette.jpg   Whte hawk 23MRB TV.jpg   White hawk 23MRB living area.jpg  
RVStealsAndDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #7

Looking at pics online I am happy that i found a 2017 model that fit our needs rather than order a 2018 model! Looks to be lacking storage and I am not a fan of the L shaped dinette! Also lost the outside access door to the bathroom and the outside storage under the dinette!

Not a fan of the new graphics package either!
3 daughters and a 75lb black lab.

JerryMathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #8

I have a 2017 24MBH. When I saw the floor plan of the 2018 a few weeks ago I didn't see a whole lot that I liked in comparison. After looking at pictures of the 2018s in the wild there is more to like than I originally thought. Bigger TV, stainless appliances, shower, storage under the bottom bunk, drawers under the fold down sofa are a few things I personally like better than my 2017. Losing the second access door and access to storage under dinette from outside are two of the biggest losses with the new floor plan. You still have storage available under the dinette, but it is only accessible from the inside of the trailer. I prefer the 2017 graphics, but in my experience they will probably grow on me. I definitely like it a lot more than I did based just on the floor plan.
rgardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #9

I guess I was just a little salty that Jayco doesn't put out brochures out prior to shipping models.

When we went for ours the dealer had 1 2017 in stock that was the lighter color couch. They told us that a few more were on order in the darker color, so we chose to wait and get the color we wanted. Flash forward a month and the new RV comes in without the exterior door and no tub ect ... we have a 6 yo and 3 yo so a tub and seating for when it is raining was important to us. And we really wanted the exterior door for when we have friends come with us and they are tent camping so they can use our restroom.

Lucky for us the dealer found another 2017 in the darker color on their lot (it was in the sold area, someone had put a deposit down and backed out during the time that we had been waiting)

I'm sure both models have pros and cons but a new model number or atleast a heads up on the floor plan would have been nice.
Wanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #10

One other thing I noticed and didn't really care for was the change to the Murphy bed. There is no longer a folding foot. I thought this made for a nicer and more finished looking treatment. The change to the bed makes it very similar to how the competing offering from Forrest River lays theirs out. There are now side tables and you'll notice that the shape of the front of the trailer is different to accommodate the way the bed is stowed. The bed now has a slant when stowed instead of being vertically plumb. The difference between the presentation of the Jayco Murphy bed and Forrest River bed was one of the biggest reasons why we chose the Jayco. The floor plans were virtually identical between the 24MBH and 24BH/24BHHL.

So after looking at some more pictures of a 2018 model the trade off with the Murphy bed configuration is that you get some pass through storage in the front now. This is similar to the Forrest River model.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 24MBH.jpg  
rgardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:33 AM   #11

^ it looks like it has changed but not sure you get pass through storage when bed is up.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksmith17 View Post
^ it looks like it has changed but not sure you get pass through storage when bed is up.
That is correct. Our 18 24MBH just showed up and here is the storage with the bed up. I also put a quick interior shot for anyone interested in the new TV layout
Attached Thumbnails
20170603_084251.jpg   20170603_084340.jpg  
RVStealsAndDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #13

The Forest River Murphy bed models have pass-thru storage under the bed or couch in the DOWN position. The very front baggage doors only allow for "five gallon bucket" type storage, not real unobstructed pass through.
We passed on a 2017 24MBH this spring. It dropped over $5000 in a month. We waited too long. It sold this weekend. Now, we'll be forced to go with the gross Thor graphics on a 2018, or change manufacturers. We wanted the outside bathroom door and outside dinette storage access of the 2017. BOTH of those features could still be in the 2018, but were pulled as cost savings measures. That's poor judgement. And as dome have said, the 24MBH needs storage space regardless, and removal of the outside dinette storage was foolish. Even the Forest River has outside access in the slide to the dinette AND behind the TV!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #14

Does the L dinette turn into a bed? By looking at the pictures not sure how it would. Thanks.
phillips2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillips2481 View Post
Does the L dinette turn into a bed? By looking at the pictures not sure how it would. Thanks.
Looking at the two floorplans, did ya' notice the slideout is larger in the 2018? The dinette is probably the same size in both units. (SWMBO noticed it!)

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote