Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #1

White Hawk 27DSRL Maiden Run

Last weekend was the first outing for our new trailer. After blowing 3 30-amp fuses in the driveway (I didn't know you had to stop raising the electric hitch jack before it locked itself solid) we were off. We had a few rolling hills and mostly flat land to travel on. Dry going over. Rain coming home.
I was IMPRESSED with this new Jayco. No leaks anywhere! No bumps, creaks, noises in the dark, or any other indications that anything might be amiss. Everything simply worked beautifully, as it should, all the time. Only issues were operator-related, such as not knowing how to get the outside beer refrigerator to cool our beverages (silly to put a temperature dial in the back of a refrigerator that is bolted down and where the dial isn't visible.) Warm beer aside, we LOVED our first outing and plan another short trip in a couple of weeks.
A second bonus was that we averaged 9.5mpg with our 2009 Silverado 1/2 ton. We were expecting in the range of 8mp so this was almost 23% better milage than expected. Color me happy!
Well, that's about it for our first report. Dealer continues to be vry nice to work with, although I am less impressed by his labor and parts prices. Will probably do as much as I can on my own after the warranty expires.
Happy trails...
Glen
G&BOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #2

Glad to hear everything went swimmingly. Operator error is one of the first things I look for when something appears amis. Our maiden voyage is 2 weeks away.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #3

It is soooo great when things go right.
xtruckerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:06 PM   #4

We had our 2nd voyage with our White Hawk Rbok this past weekend so far everything has gone very smoothly.as well. Went around curves and up and down a few mountains. DH let me drive to learn how. We too are pleased. Used oven for first time and didn't burn anything. Our temperature control on outside frig is on the inside right in front.

2005 Chevy 3500 Duramax
2014 White Hawk Rbok
BigdaddyandNannie is offline   Reply With Quote