Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #1

White Hawk TT ?

I was looking at the White Hawk series and am wondering what the owners of these units think about the quality/fit and finish of their TT and also how they like the wider spacing of the axles on this unit. Do you think it make the unit more stable while towing and has there been any axle/ tire issues because of sharp turning radiuses made especially while backing the unit in the tight quarters found in many RV parks.
Thanks
Bill
Old 07-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #2

White Hawk TT ?

Everything is a trade off. We have had no issues at all though.

The white hawks are lighter then their aluminum sided counterparts in the jay flight line. Most, if not all have a large front storage area with a light and a mini fridge. Downsides of the white hawks are less interior height, I believe 3" shorter and no windows in the sides of the slide.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #3

Welcome aboard. We've had our WhiteHawk for a little over a yr. now. We are loving it. It tracks real nice behind our truck, don't even know it's there.
As for the turning in tight areas I haven't noticed any odd tire wear and haven't had any issues with the axles.
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #4

We had a Heartland North Trail who piloted the wide track axle idea. Although the trailer was the biggest piece of garbage ever made, the trailer pulled and tracked fantascially. It was a pleasure to tow... when it was on the road. I really wish our 32BHDS had that setup. It would tow much better. The axle setup on the White Hawk actually has me thinking about that one next. Shhhhh. Dont tell my wife.
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #5

We have had ours now for about 4 months, and we love it. It tows very easily, easy to maneuver, and seems well built. So far, we have no complaints!
5.3L V8 3:73 Husky Centerline Hitch
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #6

Love ours! Had a water leak issue with the slide not being sealed correctly and needed a new seal around the 1 side of the pass through storage both easy fixes and were fixed at the dealer in 2 days! Other then that no issues planning a 4000km trip for in 2 weeks!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #7

Thus far, we've been very pleased with our WhiteHawk. It tows/tracks very well, and we've not had any issues with backing into tight spaces. The features that sold us on it: a) light weight compared to other TTs, b) big slide with rear living area, c) big windows on slide and rear. Everything worked as it should during the PDI, and on our first camping trip. We leave Aug. 8 for a 5K mile trip to WA and back, I'll try to post about our experiences while enroute. Our thoughts were that the WhiteHawk offered the most value for $$ compared to other TTs we looked at. (And the 2014 WHs have more interior ceiling space, awning lighting, and some other improvements, so you might hold out for that vs the 2013.)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab, long box, Duramax and 3.73, SRW
Equal-i-zer 1k WDH, 2013 White Hawk 27DSRL

Los Madrones, a little slice of Texas hill country heaven
www.losmadrones.com
mikmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #8

We love our White Hawk! The windows in the slide are large and the lack of windows in the side of it is a non-issue. I pulls very well as did the 26BH we had previously. I have no idea if the wider spacing of the axles has any effect. I have to back down a long downhill drive at my house and that does not feel any different than with the 26BH. I am 6' and the ceiling height does not bother me. What I do miss is the table space under the wardrobes in the bedroom, which you have in your Jay Flight. I have put a 39 inch television in the entertainment center in our 27DSRL, which my DW absolutely loves.
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #9

Love our new 2014 Whitehawk. Tows easily, hardly know that it is there. The 2014 model has a radius roof so there is more ceiling height. Only one issue so far with the slide that was given immediate attention by our dealer.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #10

Ours pulls like a dream compared to our 26 bh jay flight. I do miss the night stands and the manual stabilizers other than that we love it. My boys especially like the full bunks(there own rooms).
Old 07-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #11

We have had ours since December and love it. There have been a few minor issues with our Whitehawk but nothing big. As for any repairs to be made with ours, they were not worth taking to the dealer so I fixed them myself. I do have a leak in the shower that I have to track down. But I do believe I can fix that myself as well. The thing pulls and tracks great. It is a little bit of a chore to get it in my driveway but I manage. I have not noticed any unusual wear on the tires as of yet. My only real complaint Would be the lack of windows that open in the bedroom. Not a big deal but I may replace them someday with ones that do.
4x4 6.0l v8
GBandPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBandPB View Post
We have had ours since December and love it. There have been a few minor issues with our Whitehawk but nothing big. As for any repairs to be made with ours, they were not worth taking to the dealer so I fixed them myself. I do have a leak in the shower that I have to track down. But I do believe I can fix that myself as well. The thing pulls and tracks great. It is a little bit of a chore to get it in my driveway but I manage. I have not noticed any unusual wear on the tires as of yet. My only real complaint Would be the lack of windows that open in the bedroom. Not a big deal but I may replace them someday with ones that do.
We have a 2013 27DSRL bought last November from Orlando RV. To date very pleased. Less weight, easier and less stressful tow than our fifth wheel & plenty of space for the two of us. Only issues to date, leaky shower enclosure, which I 90% remedied but still getting a little seepage on either side of the shower door. The other problem (and don't know if it is one), we had water intrusion through the window frame weep holes on the slide windows and kitchen window. No wet wall or floors. All systems are functioning fine, though I do agree a window that could open for ventilation in the bedroom would be nice. Guess the emergency exit window must be an RVIA requirement, even with an exterior door present in the bedroom. We also think the rig's storage capacity was quite impressive for its size, even the "basement". Only thing I couldn't fit in there was my Weber Q grill, but no worry, I have come to love cooking over charcoal again! Viva Match Light!!
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #13

I bought the 2013 White Hawk 29SQB in February and 5 months later Im still very happy with my purchase. On the interior I have only found one design flaw. The seat back for the table was real weak and broke away from the seat on our first trip. The dealer fixed this and it has not been a issue. I am a huge fan of the no carpet floors(5 kids and 3 dogs). The kids love the 4 bunks in the back! On the outside, we absolutly love the outside kitchen and the quick disconnect gas lines. I am constantly getting complements and requests for tours in the campground. I think the wider spacing of the axles makes the ride real smooth, although you wont be able to use that wheel chalk that wedges in between axels. I haven't had any swaying, bouncing or pulling and we've been out at least 7 times since February. As far as backing everything is made easier with practice.
Washington State
james.l.devore is offline   Reply With Quote