Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #1

Whitehawk 27DSRL or 26DSRB

We have been looking at both the White Hawk 27DSRL and the 26DSRB. While we really like the 27DSRL the walk through bathroom bothers us some. I am curious for those owners of the 27DSRL has this caused you any issues/concerns, and second if you had to do it all over again would you go with the same unit? I know this is a personal preference.

Thanks
Gary
glcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #2

just personal preference, but my in-laws have a walk through bathroom to their bedroom and after staying in their camper many times that is one thing I didnt want. Do no why, just don't like it. And if your already having doubts about it, then I would stay away.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #3

While it's definately a personal preference, our votes (myself and DW) are split. I like the bathroom in the rear and able to be closed off while not minding the entertainment center in the middle of the floor, with a pass to the bed on either side. For the DW, that entertainment center was the dealbreaker for each unit we looked at. We ended up with the Jayflight 26RLS. I know that you were looking at that same unit, but if memory serves....weight was an issue with your TV. Neither of us were a fan of the pass through bathroom, but as for specific reasons why....I got nothing for you. Maybe it has somehting to do with not being interrupted during my "business" if someone wants to get to and from the bedroom while staying inside.

I say if it "bothers you some" NOW, it will always bother you in some manner. Plus I remember that 26DSRB bathroom as being HUGE....another plus in my book. Happy Hunting!
2012 Jayco JayFlight 26RLS
0000 Children
Only 25 years to retirement!

"If it weren't for the rocks in it's bed, the stream would have no song." ~Carl Perkins
Rockypointers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #4

We have the 27DSRL and have no problem with the walk thru bathroom at all. Thats because we both respect the privacy of the other. Five or ten minutes of privacy to do your #2 thing should be no problem for anyone. Of course that only applies if the vent fan gets turned on... We both love the camper except for the little bitty sink in the bathroom.
Durasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durasam View Post
We have the 27DSRL and have no problem with the walk thru bathroom at all. Thats because we both respect the privacy of the other. Five or ten minutes of privacy to do your #2 thing should be no problem for anyone. Of course that only applies if the vent fan gets turned on... We both love the camper except for the little bitty sink in the bathroom.
I think that is what we keep stumbling on is the convenience issue with the placement of the bathroom. Love the rest of the layout however.

Gary
Old 08-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durasam View Post
I agree, we've had our 27DSRL at the lake since June and we haven't had any problems with the pass through bathroom, I also agree about the tiny sink and the faucet the hardly sticks over the back of the sink, it is a bit messy and annoying for me. We love our camper though and get constant compliments on it.
kakman1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #7

Well after talking to Indiana RV Connections a little bit ago they pointed out another unit, they are first class, we have settled on what we are going with. A complete new unit to the Whitehawk Line White Hawk 30 DSRE, take a look its now on the website for 2013. It gets us the Rockers we wanted, the bathroom we wanted, and the specs fit in to what we need for towing.

Gary
Old 08-15-2012, 02:51 AM   #8

The island is a nice touch and a unique feature Gary! Good Luck!
2012 Jayco JayFlight 26RLS
0000 Children
Only 25 years to retirement!

"If it weren't for the rocks in it's bed, the stream would have no song." ~Carl Perkins
Rockypointers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #9

The bathroom placement has never been an issue for us and we've always thought it was nice to have it where it is.

We couldn't agree more about The Indiana RV Connection. They're the best!
mrnoyb is offline   Reply With Quote