Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2017, 05:55 AM   #21

We get ours Saturday. Super excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-22-2017, 05:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerescue712 View Post
Bought ours last September. Several camping trips. Gray tank lights were not working....Jayco did not attach them. Dealer fixed them promptly.

We added storage drawers under the bed and revamped the supports. Swapped out the existing shower curtain for a plastic one. Took out the dinette and placed a countertop with two storage cabinets on each end. Have pics, if anyone wants to see, I have some previous posts somewhere in this forum of the mods.

Love the trailer. It is just the DW and me. Kids are grown and gone and no grandkids.

Just did a search and saw your mods, very nice. Might consider doing that to mine down the line.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #23

We've had ours since January. Went out the weekend we got it and have only missed a couple since..

I did a few mods. Got rid of the table and replaced it with a couple of smaller pieces that make the area roomier. Added covers for the sink and range and replaced the thermo. Last week I rebuilt the bed to give it good support.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2017, 06:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycojay View Post
We have no need for a slide-out. We dont spend a lot of time in it, but when we have had to, there is plenty of room without. Only thing missing is a wardrobe ( according to my sister who over packs), but for us, plenty of storage, cupboard space .... maybe actually too much ( is that possible). Only mods i did was rebuild the bed, and add a temper glass stove top. We're lovin it!
We've got the same model. No, we don't miss the slideout either. We bought ours in March of this year and have used it on 3 different trips of at least 3 days each trip. We bought a new mattress and some other odds and ends for convenience, but it is perfect for us. We usually camp with my son and his family. He has a larger model Jayco with a slideout. We are both very satisfied.
BandC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:32 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayco53 View Post
Just bought one today ang get it next Tuesday.
Congrats ..... welcome to the growing number of 212QBW owners!
Old 06-24-2017, 06:32 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink2 View Post
We get ours Saturday. Super excited.

2018.... did they make any changes? If anything .... add some support to the bed!

Congrats BTW .... the Floorplan is really a good one
Old 06-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #27

Quote:
2018.... did they make any changes? If anything .... add some support to the bed!

Congrats BTW .... the Floorplan is really a good one

Not sure what was changed, although I do have a request for my dealer to send me that info. The bed just seems to rest on frame of storage area. It does have struts to hold the bed up, which is nice as I guess not all TT have that.

We really like the floor plan. It's a little bigger than we were intending on getting but wanted a tandem, not a single axle. The smaller one also didn't have the double sink and 3 burner stove.

2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 212QBW TT

Old 08-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #28

We are new owners of a 212qbw. Just got back from our first outing in the new trailer. Hoping another owner can help. When I got home I noticed a white wire hanging down near the tank drain valves. The wire is coiled up and tied out of the way but had about 1-1/2 feet hanging down. Does anyone else have this wire coiled up near the drain valves? If so where does it go? I know it is a ground wire that comes from the junction box behind the battery, but not sure if it is supposed to go somewhere or not. Here is a pic. Pic is upside down.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4275.jpg  
Gollywomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:46 AM   #29

I looked at mine and I do not have that wire..
Old 08-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #30

Is there any white wire running through that area? Called dealer, said it most likely was ran for an option I don't have.
Gollywomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:26 AM   #31

Quote:
My Dealer was telling me the 212QBW has become one of their best sellers, as the floor plan has become very popular ( Couples floor plan they call it ). How many 212QBW owners ( besides us ) are members here?
I got the 2014 Jayco - Jay Flight Swift
Floorplan: 198RD

It is basically the same as the 212QBW but the bed is cross wise instead of length wise. Seems to be the only difference and I like the being up against the walls.

Now that recliner where the dinette is looks pretty cool...
JC_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:41 AM   #32

We got ours in the Spring of 2016. We love it. I've done a few mods and have more to do. We camped nearly 60 days in it the first season and will likely do that many this season. Did a 2 week long trip last summer to the Smoky Mountains (Pigeon Forge) and were well pleased with the storage. We did need to pack carefully and use different areas for clothes storage (wife always over packs) but it worked out. We spent 2 weeks this summer in Port St. Joe, Fla. It was our longest (mileage) trip to date. For 2 people the size is sufficient. Would we like more room? Of course... the Big-itis disease affects all RV owners at one time or another. The temporary cure is buying something larger...I say temporary, because the disease will return and you will find yourself at the dealership once more hoping for a cure. While the dreamer in me continues to look larger, the realist in me knows that for our current style of camping the 212QBW is darn near perfect. The three big windows in the back make a nice retreat when foul weather hits. The tank sizes (black, grey, fresh) are quite adequate for several days of dry camping. The overall size of the camper allows us a wider selection of campsites to choose from and frees us from larger, more expensive (to operate) tow vehicles. We are in the planning stages of our longest (mileage and time) trip next summer to Yellowstone. 3-4000 miles(round trip) and over 3 weeks on the road. Two weeks in Yellowstone divided between Madison and Grant will be our longest dry camping experiment. The 212QBW will be put to another test which I am confident will be a success.
bear1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #33

Has anyone installed a hardwired surge protector? I'm considering it but instructions state it must be mounted on a wall. Only location is behind the sofa (power input) and if used as a bed, wiring in and out could be exposed to user.

Also, have changed out batwing antenna for King. Almost doubled the stations received while testing at home. Should give us more choices while camping.
ifallsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #34

we've had ours for a year now. have enjoyed every minute of it.
our grands are 4 and 5 years old. we take them occasionally as well. perfect little beds for them for now.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:38 AM   #35

We find the floor plan near perfect for us.... the only thing missing is a wardrobe. In the perfect world, Jayco would offer a wardrobe / no shower option for this trailer. In otherwards, eliminate the shower and in its place have a wardrobe in the bedroom ....the skylight can stay, adding light inside the wardrobe. I have never once in my camping days used a shower in any of my trailers. So, since this option will never happen, i am going to add a bar in the shower to hang clothes. Going to take small blocks of wood, one for each end, drill a hole for the expandable pole to go into, than use some 3m double back tape to attach to tub surround. Whats nice about 3M double back tape is .... it sticks, but can be safely removed without damaging anything. Than i'm going to cut a piece of plywood the shape of the tub, attach a hinged door to the top, so you can open and the tub becomes a dirty laundry tub, and you can still put items on top....shower bags etc!
Old 08-31-2017, 03:49 AM   #36

While I agree the only thing missing is a wardrobe, and what eventually keep me from getting it, there is no way I'd give up my shower for a wardrobe. I'm the opposite WRT showers. While I will use a campground shower, I hate the idea and almost always defaults to using my RV's shower. For the same reason I prefer sleeping in my own bed, I prefer showering in my own shower.

But, that why so many different floor plans are made. Different people want different things.

For me if Jayco had just lengthened the 21QB by 2 feet and added a wardrobe, that's the trailer I'd have today instead of my 23RB.

Quote:
We find the floor plan near perfect for us.... the only thing missing is a wardrobe. In the perfect world, Jayco would offer a wardrobe / no shower option for this trailer. In otherwards, eliminate the shower and in its place have a wardrobe in the bedroom ....the skylight can stay, adding light inside the wardrobe. I have never once in my camping days used a shower in any of my trailers. So, since this option will never happen, i am going to add a bar in the shower to hang clothes. Going to take small blocks of wood, one for each end, drill a hole for the expandable pole to go into, than use some 3m double back tape to attach to tub surround. Whats nice about 3M double back tape is .... it sticks, but can be safely removed without damaging anything. Than i'm going to cut a piece of plywood the shape of the tub, attach a hinged door to the top, so you can open and the tub becomes a dirty laundry tub, and you can still put items on top....shower bags etc!

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:49 PM   #37

Has anyone modified the jackknife sofa? It’s very uncomfortable for sitting in for more than 15-20 minutes at a time. We like to setup the TV on the dinette and watch a movie/Netflix. It doesn’t feel like there’s a lot of support, so I was thinking of adding plywood under the cushion. Ideally I’d like to just take it out and replace it with something more comfortable, but the furnace is in the way.
MrGrim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:50 AM   #38

I totally agree .... thats why there are so many different floor plans.
Has anyone yet found the perfect one?
As for the shower .... i will never use the shower ...in an emergency,
the tub. My thinking is....RV's and water do not make a good mix! Always a way for water to find the smallest opening somewhere ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
While I agree the only thing missing is a wardrobe, and what eventually keep me from getting it, there is no way I'd give up my shower for a wardrobe. I'm the opposite WRT showers. While I will use a campground shower, I hate the idea and almost always defaults to using my RV's shower. For the same reason I prefer sleeping in my own bed, I prefer showering in my own shower.

But, that why so many different floor plans are made. Different people want different things.

For me if Jayco had just lengthened the 21QB by 2 feet and added a wardrobe, that's the trailer I'd have today instead of my 23RB.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #39

If you ever get an answer on this or modify yourself please let me know. I’m trying to see if I can fit a flexsteel in here. The one in my 2015, 21QB is a royal PITA!

Go go, Slo go, or No go? Go Go !!
Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #40

212qbw
gmac65 is offline   Reply With Quote