Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #11
I had a Forest River and thought it was nice. I went to upgrade and started looking at the finer details and realized the Jaycos were much better so I bought one. Then eventually sold it and bought a Keystone. It was junk too. So now I'm back in a Jayco. Just look at the fine detail, trim, warranty, fiberglass walls, etc. You will see the Jaycos are much nicer.

UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #12
We shopped around for something our vehicle at the time could tow, bunk beds for the kids and air conditioning. Pretty basic. Small, light units like R-pods were way out of our price range and after looking at all the local dealers we found the Jayco and loved the floorplan and it ended up being the cheapest sticker price.

2013 Jayco Jay Flight Swift SLX 184BH
2012 Ram 1500
oobedoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #13
2 year warranty. Same reason I bought a Hyundai for my daily driver..10yr/100,000 mile powertrain. Got tired of messing around. So far the Jayco seems well built, and I have 2yrs. to work out the kinks.
2014 Jay Flight Swift SLX 185RB

2006 Chev Silverado Z-71 5.3L H.O. w/ Trailer Pkg

Tekonsha Primus IQ Controller
Roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #14
Lost in the Woods
We looked to upgrade for two years and looked at hundreds of RVs. We just loved the floor plan of the Eagle 338 rlts. Everything else was a compromise.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #15
For me, and I bought used was the quality of the Jayco products and I looked for about 2 years till I found just the right Hybrid. It was 3 years old and it looked like it had never been used. I have been so happy with This TT that I hope I never have to trade it in.
Attached Thumbnails
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:12 AM   #16
We purchased a 2015 33RLDS this summer. Some issues with construction. Repairs made in timely manner. Excellent service from the dealer & factory. This is the second Jayco we have bought. Looked at many campers, Jayco was the best.
michigancampermcsmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:42 AM   #17
IMO Jayco has the best features overall. Construction, floor plans, and convenience items. I believe Jayco takes their customer feedback and comments to a higher level than the other manufacturers - they build what we want. Warranty, customer service, and response are also a high priority for them.

While Jayco is sincere in wanting to provide a quality product and service, a good dealer is an important part of the whole experience. The dealer I purchase from, Colerain RV, really listens to me, and Jayco has their respect. No problems have gone unresolved.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #18
We didn't have a very big budget when we were finally offered a seasonal campsite in our dream campground, so in searching for a used rig in our price range, the majority of those still in good shape were Jayco's. Is our 1999 Eagle perfect? Far from it, but for the money it is a big, bright functional home away from home. I expect we will have maintenance to deal with from time to time, but that's OK with us. (Until we win the lottery and buy a Pinnacle, lol). And Jayco was able to send me the wiring schematic on a 15 year old camper, within 24 hours!
ShadyBrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #19
Plywood floor and ceiling, floor plan, and reputation for service if there are problems after the purchase.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2004 5.3L Trailblazer
Warrant Officer Corps
lightcs1776 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #20
Anything else in the price range seemed to be missing something. We understand trying to shoehorn sleeping, eating, cooking and entertaining into a confined space means compromise but Jayco seems to do a pretty good job of making it work which means great value for the money.

We're lucky to have a Jayco dealer near our house and they've been great to deal with - we've bought 3 over the years. In looking for our current rig, we visited other Jayco dealers to see floorplans not on the local lot. We came away thinking most of the Guys with Jayco as a primary line are a cut above other dealers.

We had to take a trailer back to Jayco to repair some owner induced damage and it was like dealing with a neighbor you liked. They sympathized with and laughed at what we screwed up.

There are a lot of changes at Jayco in product and leadership. Maintaining quality and a family culture could be difficult as they control costs to stay ahead of the conglomerates. I'm rooting for them

2014 Eagle Premier 331RETS
2016 Silverado 3500 DuraMax/Allison
1975 Corvette & a couple ATV's
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote