Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Sorry, but I really don't agree with any if that.
Sorry if you don't agree. Been there, done that and seen lawyers fight over worst things. Heck, I even heard of a guy sewing MacDonalds because his coffee cup was too hot. Like I said... Call your lawyer and tell them a "what if story..." What if the other guy had tires under his RV that are NOT ST type, a tire blew, wipe out your wife and kids... Can you sue his all damages - because he had improper tires under his RV??? Bet he can.... Just likfe is someone welded a witch or drilled into a hitch and its document clearly states, do NOT weld, drill or modify. Lawyers have open season with user modified hitches as well....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #12
I guess I shouldn't have said 'any of it'. ST tires have stiffer sidewalls because of the extreem flex and bent spring hangers happen because of this if you do a lot of turning on hard surfaces.

ST tires do have more UV protection in the rubber formula. Tire covers help to avoid this weathering for ST and LT tires.

I cannot see how one round tire can "vibrate" more than another. Have any proof?

What really counts is the load carrying capacity of the tire. Most load range E tires will carry around 3000 lbs. Not necessarily all trailers come with ST tires. Our 04 Montana 5th wheel had LT 235/75/16 load range E tires on it from the factory. I would think most insurance companies would be more afraid of low quality Chineese tires than if they are ST or LT.

I just checked my owners manual and it only mentions that passenger tires don't have the load carrying capacity. So P rated tires should not be used. "When replacing a tire make sure to replace it with a tire of the same size and specifications. Meaning load range and load carrying ability.

We have had trailers since 1979 and I have never been asked by the insurance company what the tires were. There are as many what if's in this world as there are low life lawyers

2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
Dodge SRW 1 ton Cummins powered.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote